PDA

View Full Version : OK Airways in China...your thoughts

paokara
12th Jul 2011, 16:47
Please post some news...good bad or ugly.
Considering their 737 captain commuting contract

thanks in advancer

JotaJota
13th Jul 2011, 06:02
It's "OK"...

Do ur homework!

MTBUR
13th Jul 2011, 09:10
JotaJota, beat me to it! On both fronts with your post...

paokara
14th Jul 2011, 03:32
shed some light

cptbb
14th Jul 2011, 04:48
Hello,

So are you saying you already have the OK Airways contract? If so, how about some feedback, like what was Simulator Evaluation like? What was the Sim profile and tasks, i.e. High Thrust-Low Speed Reject, Engine Fire on Missed Approach, hand fly Raw Data, double and triple failures systems, etc.? Who or what was in the Right Seat? English or Chinese or Chinglish spoken? Was it done at Tianjin? What hotel did you stay at? Did you have an Interview? What questions were asked?

Heads-up:
Medical should be done at CAAC Hospital in Beijing. Be sure you fast, night before after 22:00 and if over 40 years old, you will do a Cardiac Stress Test, tread mill, so bring Gym Shorts and Track Shoes and towel. 60% don't pass the Medical. An equal number don't pass the ATPL Written Exam. Be sure you get ICAO Level 4, as a minimum on your foreign ATPL, Level 6 even better.

If no contract, yet, but considering it, have you ever been to China? Have you ever been to Tianjin?

Damned cold and frosty/snowy, in the Winter, Blowing Dust other times, pollution, Fog below minimums, and gusty turbulent final approach. Tianjin city, is a boring, arid city.

Regarding actual flight operations, if not off the ground by 08:00 or 09:00, then the PLA Air Farce has finished its group grope and flying, so expect 2 to 4 hours ATC delay, "Departure Time Undetermined", according to ATC, until the Chinese Air Farce releases the airspace for civil aircraft.

OK Airways was grounded by CAAC, management and financial issues. I have known 4 foreign Pilots whom resigned and working else where, now. One a Canadian-Chinese FO, promised Captain, was never honoured . . . though he sang their praises on a website and was there, maybe 7 years. A very nice guy, by the way. Most foreign Captains prefer to live in Beijing and take a train to Tianjin, rather than live in Tianjin.

There is a reason that OK Airways offers a decent salary package, compared to other operations.

I have not worked for OK Airways, personally. Would I? Hmmm, if there was nothing else outside of India or Africa being offered, then yes, I'd give it a go.

The airlines to work for are the ones where they truly value and respect foreign Captains and the knowledge, experience, and skills we bring, where the foreign Captains are happy and not writing about their abysmal experiences on PPRUNE. Right?

PGP737
15th Jul 2011, 07:36
Paokara even if I am olympiakos!!! :cool: xaxaxa!!! why dont you consider going to indonesia where they offer good T&C there??? There are some friends pilots flying there, and they are happy.
rishworthaviation has some good contracts if you check the site.

truefaith
15th Jul 2011, 10:37
OK nearly folded but revived! :-) They once took in lots of non-type rated guys from all over the world.

Currently, they are desperate looking for more than pilots!

Human Resouce Manager and HR Administrators
Project Engineer
Electronic engineers
Mechanical engineers
Structural Engineers
Aircraft Performance Engineers
Technical Support Engineers
Accountants
Flight Dispatchers
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians
Doctors (Speciailising in Aviation Medicine)
And many many more jobs... (call +86-10-59237777)

Tip: If anybody can't get a pilot job with them, work as their ground staffs. Till management get to know you better, they might re-consider you as flight deck crew. :)

Snowcat
16th Jul 2011, 19:14
Paokara, here we go, this is the link for you to read.
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/450402-okay-airlines.html