PDA

View Full Version : Jet A-1 tanker being sold

Secretsooty
12th Jul 2011, 14:24
If anyone is interested, I know of a 9000 litre tanker being sold in the north of Scotland, near Inverness.
It is ex Royal Navy, still painted matt green, and has just been MOT'd and serviced and re-certified with a nice new ADR Cretificate. Snag - it's on Irish plates, with Irish tax and MOT, so if you wanted to use it in the UK you'd need to re-register it and have it UK MOT'd and taxed. There is also a certificate showing the tank having been purged, to allow it to be driven without displaying ADR plates until it is next fuelled.
Overall, it is in very good condition with a single overwing boom (blanked off, easy to reinstate) and a single open-line hosereel, converted from a pressure-refuel hose originally. Cab is a touch scruffy inside, with headlining needing re-secured on the passenger side and the drivers sun visor requiring re-attachment. Other than that, this is a good solid example, in fine working order.
Base vehicle is a 1988 Leyland T45 Freighter 16.15, fitted with the ultra-reliable Leyland 411 series turbodiesel, it has a tachograph fitted and is showing only 5500km!!
PM me for more info and I'll see what I can find out.