PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet boarding card

Hirem J Trashcan
12th Jul 2011, 11:42
May seen a silly question but what does one look like? Someone outside of the UK has booked a ticket for elder daughter to fly from LGW to one of the Milan airports tomorrow (13th). She's been e-mailed what has been described as a boarding pass but it doesn't have a seat number on it, or a bar code or other black and white "splodge" for reading by a scanner. It seems to be mainly text.
Checking their website there seems to be conflicting information - fom "you can check in up to 60 days before your flight" to "for flights leaving before 8:30am, you can check in from 20:00 the previous night".
She's already going to have to get up very early to make the "check-in" (hand luggage only, 1 piece under 20kg) and can do without added stress and worrying about whether or not she will be charged to check in.
From the website it sems you need to have the e-mail address and password of the person who made the booking to check in; this doesn't seem right and is in conflict with several other airlines I have used where you just needed your booking ref or e-ticket number, plus your surname, in order to check in.

Gibon2
12th Jul 2011, 12:47
Well, I'm looking at my easyJet online-check-in boarding pass from a couple of weeks ago, and it's pretty unmistakeable. It's printed on an A4 page, and the top one-third of the page is set out like a standard airline-issue boarding card. It says "easyJet Boarding Pass" at the top. There's a big 2D bar code in the top-right corner, with an alphanumeric code in large print directly underneath. The same barcode is reprinted at the bottom-left corner of the page.

There is no seat number, as EZY do not assign seats, but there is the usual info on date, flight no., to, from, departure time, passenger name, etc.

The bottom two-thirds of the page is taken up with various "travel tips", hand luggage rules, and advertising.

I just had a look, and the website just needs name and booking reference to do the online check-in (note this is different from the "manage your booking" section, which indeed needs an e-mail address of whoever made the booking). The online check-in entry point is on the home page, towards the bottom, just right of centre.

It's the online check-in that can be done up to 60 days ahead; the previous night thing is for in-person check-in at the airport (for which, unlike Ryanair, I don't believe there is any charge).

Hope this helps.

redsnail
12th Jul 2011, 14:07
You can check in at home and as she's not checking in luggage then she doesn't have to worry about the "check in" queue and go straight through to security.
I'm sure you just need the reference number and surname. The email address may be used to "confirm" the check in.

As Gibon2's said, there's no allocated seating so there's no seat number. ;)

Just make sure your daughter has her passport and her carry on will fit into the over head locker. (1 bag only) ;)

NUTS AND BOLTS
12th Jul 2011, 18:21
You are describing the flight itineray and not the boarding card. You need to go back into easyjet.com and put your booking ref and surname in the section ' check in on-line' which is on the front page. You are then given the option to print your boarding cards. This is so much quicker if you just have hand luggage as you can go straight thru to departures, or if you have bags to check in then just go to the bag drop check in desk.

Goldilocks95
12th Jul 2011, 23:01
london gatwick offer a 'twilight' check in, which is what you mention-the flights before 8.30am you can check in from 8pm the night before. I wouldnt worry about that.

the other 1 you mention-60 days before hand, is the online check in, print off own boarding pass. It is very easy to do, and means you can buy pass check in at the airport if hand luggage only.

if you are worried then just check in at the airport as normal-easyjet don't charge for airport check in and it might keep your mind at rest.

Dave Gittins
19th Jul 2011, 16:34
At Gatwick we now have electronic scanners at the entrance to our shiny new security area that read the 2D bar code on a passenger's boarding pass (no human checkers anymore) so you certainly need a boarding pass with the code.

If you can, check in on-line in advance.

Without hold baggage and with on-line check-in go straight to security .... now located "upstairs".