PDA

View Full Version : NZALPA Loses Court Case

RedUnderTheBed
12th Jul 2011, 03:00
The case MT took against NZALPA over the way it dealt with another member's complaint against him has been decided and ALPA lost.
In a decision damning of both the union and the authority member who heard the preliminary case Judge Colgan also considers that although the issue was dead as the Disciplinary Committee upheld its original decision the case was valid so that the union's disciplinary process was clarified for future complaints and their handling.

For Kiwilad and co who were critical of MT for taking the case you owe him an apology and gratitude for spending his time clarifying the judicial processes of ALPA and spelling out what the BOM can and cannot do.

As far as he was concerned, as Judge Colgan pointed out, the point was moot; it may not be for you at some point in the future should you ruffle their feathers.

Good on you MT and thanks:ok:.

Hanz Blix
12th Jul 2011, 23:14
So we should thank MT for wasting ALPA money?

RedUnderTheBed
13th Jul 2011, 05:17
MT didn't waste ALPA money. The BOM wasted ALPA money by assuming powers they didn't and don't have.

They're good at wasting money. The last ED departure being a good example. :p

NDB Alpha
14th Jul 2011, 04:24
As the last elections proved MT has very little support from members... lowest polling candidate BY FAR!!

He should stop wasting everybody's time/patience/money!!

RedUnderTheBed
15th Jul 2011, 03:27
As the last elections proved MT has very little support from members... lowest polling candidate BY FAR!!

NDB Alpha - how do you know that? The actual results are not published so you must be an ALPA insider.

BOM eh? Trying to protect an untenable position eh?

GOTCHA! :D

distracted cockroach
15th Jul 2011, 04:05
aaaaah, nope.
I got an email or something with results of some election or other. Said something about "in the interests of transparancy" and showed how everyone polled. Not sure if it was actual votes or percentages (can't remember a thing these days...another reason I won't be around at 65!), but MT was the least popular option. Not sure if it was ALPA in general or Northern branch. If you didn't get the email RUTB, perhaps you're a Fed troll?:= Just wondering (gotcha!):O

Bongo Bus Driver
15th Jul 2011, 06:26
The real stat that needs to be addressed is the fact that less than 50% of members voted in those elections. So ALPA doesn't know what half its members actually think.

Hanz Blix
15th Jul 2011, 09:00
aaaaah, nope.
I got an email or something with results of some election or other. Said something about "in the interests of transparancy" and showed how everyone polled. Not sure if it was actual votes or percentages (can't remember a thing these days...another reason I won't be around at 65!), but MT was the least popular option. Not sure if it was ALPA in general or Northern branch. If you didn't get the email RUTB, perhaps you're a Fed troll? Just wondering (gotcha!)
15th Jul 2011 15:27

Exactly every ALPA member got his email.

Some of you need to get over it, MT didn't get voted in. :ugh:

The real stat that needs to be addressed is the fact that less than 50% of members voted in those elections. So ALPA doesn't know what half its members actually think.

Incorrect they actually do! If you don't vote your happy with how things are. Every pilot I know is happy more or less with how things are going. Sure some would like us to play hard with the company more but most don't want MT style ruling things.
Oddly enough if some of you blue water guys actually gave two S&%ts about what went on outside of the wide bodies you would realize most are happy with ALPA.

Rant over