View Full Version : A & H rated ATPL - do they exist

c53204
11th Jul 2011, 08:32
Do any pilots hold both ATPL A&H ratings?

Chicken Leg
11th Jul 2011, 09:49
Yep, me!

Why wussap?

c53204
11th Jul 2011, 10:04
I am looking (but my sister is paying) to employ a A&H rated pilot. This is very early stages.

Sister owns a large chunk of land and holiday site adjacent to the now non operational ESUD. It is now being put up for sale. My sister is interested buying it, but only if the authorities will allow it to be operated as a private airfield.

She wants to employ a KA350 and A109 pilot(s) and asked me could one person not be rated to fly both.

I understand it would be extremely unlikely to have a 'dual' rated pilot in two specific aircraft. I have told her she would probably have to budget for type ratings, etc.

Chicken Leg
11th Jul 2011, 21:18
It's not as unusual as you may think and although I would love to tell you and your sister that I'm the only person out there with both licenses, sadly, that's not the case.

You are right however, in stating that it will be far less likely that such people will have both the ratings you desire - even though both types are popular within their own categories. Much more viable, is that you find a pilot with one of the ratings and then you could expect to pay for the other. It may just be that I have one of the two!!

On a serious note, if you want further advice on either or both requirements, feel free to PM me.