PDA

View Full Version : gallstone dgca

royal_1616
11th Jul 2011, 07:17
hey guys !!
i am a trainee pilot, 21 years . while going through my class 1 medical by dgca i discovered a 10mm gallstone and was put on a temporary unfit by dgca for 3 months. many of my friends told me that airlines have strict medical rules and they might avoid persons with such problems for a job.so recommend me what should i do, to remain in the field or should i quit and save my parents money for other work as i have a private pilots license yet.
thanks

vdaff
11th Jul 2011, 09:28
you cant fly for an airline if you cant get the class 1...so you better find another decent job and earn well. Since you have a ppl you can fly part time as a hobby.

smurf84
11th Jul 2011, 13:39
I'd suggest something much better than vdaff ! If you are positive about the prospects of the Indian aviation industry, I'd say you better get a minor surgery done to get rid of the gall bladder stone. Not just for the sake of clearing the Class 1, but for the rest of your life, so that you don't feel any discomfort during your fruitful years.

Ankit Kotecha
11th Jul 2011, 16:35
airlines would want you to have a class 1. they wont ask you if you ever had a gallstone or any such medical problem.

this feb i was failed by apollo chennai in my class1 because of having a 4mm stone in my kidney. the dgca gave me 3 months time to get treated and then go to either bangalore or jorhat for the assessment. it's july now and i am still not clear of the stone.

doctors say the size is too small for a surgery and i have no idea why medicines are not working. i am switching to ayurvedic medicines which would take 6 months of time to clear me of the stones and who knows if i develop any other medical unfitness by then.

but I am positive. i read a lot and have just started Yoga. really brings in a lot of positivity. i have valid class 1 from philippines and canada because those countries' medical standards are not as strict as the indian dgca. they dont check kidneys spleen liver or any other part of the abdomen. i will see if i can get into some type of flying there.

dont lose hope. be passionate about life. come what may.

Oscalima
11th Jul 2011, 17:30
Hey buddy you don't need to worry about the gall bladder stone .When i was getting started with my flight training i was diagnosed with the same problem so i got it operated by laproscopy and after couple of months cleared my DGCA class-1 medical.Its been almost four years now and there has been no problems in any of my medical renewals.I would advise you to get it operated and get rid of the problem.

Regards