PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in South America

flysax
11th Jul 2011, 00:04
People.......... I've been hearing a lot about the boom in the industry and countries like Brazil are facing shortage of Pilots. Is this true that there is a Pilot Shortage? At least in Brazil?
If so are they only looking to employ only Brazil Citizens? If not is there any one out here who knows of an expat getting a job over there?? What are the requirements if any to get a job over there??

Thanks

Sydy
11th Jul 2011, 08:05
Hi Flysax,

This is true, but Brazil still can provide manpower to the industry (barely).

Most of the foreigners that got hired in here have Brazil citizenship of somekind. All of them speak portuguese. We are even rated on our ICAO licenses a "Portuguese ICAO" grade.

Portuguese (and former colonies) pilots have a kind of head start because of Brazil-Portugal agreement.

The government is trying to change the Brazilian Aeronautical Code (law) to allow expat hiring for up to 60months. Nowadays it is permited 6 months to instructors, if there is none qualified in the country. Anyway, too much discussing, but no decisition at all. This will be a long fight in here.

All the best and good luck!

Sydy

WEATHER-MINIMA
11th Jul 2011, 11:23
Hi All!

I am ICAO CPL (ME/IR) considering converting my licence to JAR either in the UK, Spain, or Portugal.

Would be of any benefit doing that in Portugal thinking of going to Brazil later on?

Cheers,
W

flysax
11th Jul 2011, 14:15
Thanks Sydy, how about in rest of South America? Is it same like in Brazil, or is there any country that allows expats to come over there to fly??

Thanks

Sydy
11th Jul 2011, 18:42
WX-Min,

I see no advantage on that. Sounds like you are not from a former Portugal colony. So, no use... Sorry!

Flysax, I realy don't know about other countries, so I can not advise you on that, sorry!

Good luck you all and all the best,

Sydy

flysax
12th Jul 2011, 02:35
Once again thanks Sydy... guys if any one else out here has any info regarding this, do share it.

Thanks

cosmiccomet
12th Jul 2011, 11:36
You can give a shot to Lan Chile.

Lan Chile is recruiting expats but I don't know if you have to be South American to get a chance.

You can try applying at www.lan.com (http://www.lan.com)

Good luck.

flysax
12th Jul 2011, 13:51
Thanks cosmiccomet.

chileno 777
12th Jul 2011, 22:22
flysax,
your best bet is Lan Chile and Copa

Both hire expats and spanish is a must. Copa requires at least 1000 tt but if i am not mistaken Copa is not hiring FOs at the moment.

Good luck.

flysax
13th Jul 2011, 23:35
Thanks Chileno, this TT seems to be my biggest problem.
Working on my CFI/II. Hopefully will find a school to instruct and build time ASAP. But still with the 1000TT are these airlines looking for type rated candidates (self sponsored)?? Or do they sponsor the TR and training?