PDA

View Full Version : Egypt air edinburgh

air2000dub
9th Jul 2011, 22:45
Hi

Does anyone know what the Egyptair A330 was doing at EDI on the evening of the 09th Jul.

Cheers.

Exasperated
9th Jul 2011, 22:51
Trooping flight, second visit this week.

Arrived from Brize

Ex

Hotel Tango
10th Jul 2011, 09:27
Trooping flight on an Egypt Air aircraft?!! Surely, that begs a few questions? Wouldn't be surprised that it all comes down to cost saving being a priority ahead of our soldiers' safety.

air2000dub
11th Jul 2011, 00:11
Thanks for the info..

Groundloop
11th Jul 2011, 09:51
Wouldn't be surprised that it all comes down to cost saving being a priority ahead of our soldiers' safety.

Are you claiming that EgyptAir is unsafe?

Skipness One Echo
11th Jul 2011, 10:05
Perhaps the flag carrier of a Muslim country in turmoil isn't the best place to fly your troops home on?

North Stand Tier3
11th Jul 2011, 15:07
Google 'Arab Spring' and 'Egyptair over capacity' - guaranteed revenue stream in tough climate. Makes financial sense for them

You ain't seen me right.............

Groundloop
12th Jul 2011, 10:01
Perhaps the flag carrier of a Muslim country in turmoil isn't the best place to fly your troops home on?

I have worked with, and had many Egyptian friends, over the years. They were all very professional and conscientious.

Also Egypt is a very secular country - it probably has the highest percentage of non-Muslims of any Arab country, for example, there is a very large Christian population.

I do agree with the British work for British tax money bit - but the rest? I just think some of the comments above are somewhat blinkered, if not more... !

Sonorguy
12th Jul 2011, 13:52
Couldn't agree more with the previous poster. I'm serving and frankly don't care who brings me back from places as long as the plane's safe!

Hotel Tango
12th Jul 2011, 17:47
Just for the record, I stand by my statement.

Mr Angry from Purley
12th Jul 2011, 18:19
SAS999
Uncalled for comment

OutsideCAS
12th Jul 2011, 19:29
Nothing against Egypt or any other country, but does take the piss a little when our illustrious leaders see fit to charter from a foreign carrier. Can't see that happening in, say the USofA - there would be outrage no question. At least we're happily "PC" eh ??. Utter bol*cks.