PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Management Pilots are they pointless ?

whatwouldiknow
9th Jul 2011, 10:36
Was having a discussion last week with a Ops person regarding the route we had been given the week before ,this particular ( Im told he is a Domestic skipper now in charge of the department ) decides he knows better then the Ops person on why this happened. Not only did he not know when the poor Ops guy tried to correct him he was not so politely put in his place. Now, I have dealt with this department and this Ops person quite a few times over the years and found him to be quite knowledgeable at his job. It was uncomfortable watching this poor guy have to stand their while this condescending skipper who had no idea what he was on about tell me why this route had been given. This guy just seemed pointless. What is the point of having another layer of management ?

Tankengine
9th Jul 2011, 10:45
So your point is that a management pilot is arrogant and up himself?:confused:
I would have thought that normal.:hmm:

Bigboeingboy
9th Jul 2011, 10:55
Is it only QF management pilots like that? QF Captains need to get their hands of it!

Capt Fathom
9th Jul 2011, 12:16
I just don't get the point of this thread!

golfjet744
9th Jul 2011, 12:55
I totally agree. There is no need for a management pilot. Pilots should stick to what they know and sit there watching the autopilot do its thing. The airline ops department should be run by accountants. :ugh:

whatwouldiknow
9th Jul 2011, 14:03
There is no point to the thread ! .It was an observation that another layer of management installed for what purpose. Considering the big deal made not so long ago about reducing senior management, I find it amusing that there are so many "management pilots" .