PDA

View Full Version : N120HH parked by the side of the M25 08/07/2011

Duracellslade
9th Jul 2011, 05:05
While sitting in slow moving traffic yesterday about 11.30 hrs on the clockwise M25 between junctions 5 & 6 about 2 miles from Clackets Lane services sitting in a field by the side of the anti clockwise carriageway but below road height was BELL 407 Reg N120HH.

From what I could see it was parked up with no one around it.
It just seems a strange place to leave it with Biggen Hill not to far away and the fact the M25 was like a river with the heavy rain yesterday the ground would have been very wet.

Did anyone else see it land or lift off, it must of given a few people a scare when it took off.

Tarman
9th Jul 2011, 18:25
Hold the Front Page of tomorrow's News of the World :

HELICOPTER LANDS IN FIELD

Maybe the reason it didn't land at Biggin Hill was that "it doesn't need an airfield - it's a helicopter"

I am also sure that most of the population have seen and heard a helicopter before and won't be too terrified !

What's next ? 'PLANE SEEN AT AIRPORT ?

Tarman

ViscountFan
9th Jul 2011, 19:13
Why is it that so many people on this website have to respond in such a rude and sarcastic manner to other peoples' posts? These people probably wouldn't dream of voicing such a response on a face to face basis, but hiding behind the relative anonymity of an online reply they feel they can. Why?

SpringHeeledJack
9th Jul 2011, 20:42
Why is it that so many people on this website have to respond in such a rude and sarcastic manner to other peoples' posts? These people probably wouldn't dream of voicing such a response on a face to face basis, but hiding behind the relative anonymity of an online reply they feel they can. Why?

Why do people get so aggressive when driving ? Same reason, the 'interface' between human and whatever alienates the normal responses that occur face to face. Instead of just thinking it, the old fingers do the walking and (generally useless) acidic posts are the result :hmm:

SHJ

Tarman
9th Jul 2011, 20:56
Come on guys,stop taking yourselves so seriously.
This thread had 280 or so views and no responses, why do you think that was ?

Spotters already are treated differently from other posters on this forum and even have to abide by separate rules. Silly threads like this one will try the patience of the moderators and add to the overall view by some (not me) that this is a forum that should not be taken seriously.

And, for the record, if someone told me face to face that they had seen a helicopter in a field then I would have made a funny out of it. I am Glaswegian after all !

If you can't stand the heat . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .

Tarman

surely not
9th Jul 2011, 22:16
There is a well heeled owner of 'significant' helicopters (not Robinsons) who lives in that area, so it was probably picking up said person from the agreed set down/pick up site.

Duracellslade
10th Jul 2011, 07:18
What happended Tarman, did you just lose your job at the News Of The World :rolleyes:.

I posted this for fellow readers of this site, it's an unusual type in the UK & in a strange location, (for me anyway).

Red Four
10th Jul 2011, 20:07
I heard that it made a precautionary landing due to deteriorating weather en-route to Thruxton.

Phileas Fogg
10th Jul 2011, 21:51
There's an airstrip, to the north, within walking distance of Clacket Ln. Services ,,, Why on earth go all the way to Biggin just to pay landing/navigation fees!