PDA

View Full Version : Cost of keeping IR/ME current..

Golf--Lima--Papa
7th Jul 2011, 19:37
I'm looking ahead to find out roughly what the cost is for keeping your IR/ME current in the UK.

Would I be right in thinking you can revalidate your IR for anything between 500-1000 GBP depending on whether you use an a/c or the sim?

With regards to the ME, is this just a proficiency check with an examiner at around 300-500 GBP per hour? Which would realistically take around 2 hours at a cost of 700-1000?

Therefore, without taking into account your medical and any SEP flying you do, How accurate is my estimate of anything between 1500-2000 GBP to keep your IR/ME valid every 12 months?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

madlandrover
7th Jul 2011, 20:16
Yes, that's sensible for the IR - maybe a little less for the sim detail itself, but factor in any revision training pre-test. The MEP LPC would normally be an hour or so, 2 would be excessive (again, think about any pre-test training though). If you revalidate or renew a ME-IR in the aircraft then you might as well add the couple of required visual items to complete a MEP test as well, the CAA generally advise this.

Golf--Lima--Papa
8th Jul 2011, 12:58
Thanks for that, I'm just trying to work out if I can move back out my parents house any time soon...

MIKECR
8th Jul 2011, 19:26
I instruct part time at an FTO. MEIR Reval costs tend to vary considerably, depending on the individual. You can obviously revalidate every alternate year by Sim(FNPT) which will keep the cost down(it wont renew the MEP of course) but revalidating in the aircraft itself can get very expensive. Typically £150 per hour for sim, and £350 to £450 per hour for aircraft. Theres also the examiners fee on top of that which will be typically £150 to £200 for test.

Personally, I would budget £750 for a sim reval, and up to £2000 for an aircraft reval. It all depends on the individuals competency of course and how much refresher is required.