PDA

View Full Version : Performance/Runway Analysis Systems

desertopsguy
7th Jul 2011, 19:21
Am using a performance/ runway analysis system that was installed by a predecessor and it is utter garbage, the name of said system will remain with me for now but I would like to hear from anyone out there who has a recommendation for something that is capable, user friendly and wont break the bank.

I like Flygprestande myself but it's a little pricey for our current budget.

Opinions most appreciated.

VIKING9
8th Jul 2011, 05:34
You have a PM

NISHTA
8th Jul 2011, 06:31
We have been using this performance for the last few years and price tag is very affordable.
Great support as well....

Welcome to Aircraft Performance Group (http://apg.aero/MW/)

mutt
9th Jul 2011, 18:49
If you have a specific route structure, then do it yourself, get the software from the manufacturer, you can get the airport / obstacle data from IATA AODB..... more work than just purchasing it.... but you are in control and you also have the ability to play with the data to suit your operation.

Mutt

cressidom
10th Jul 2011, 03:12
Mutt has a point there.. aircraft depending - get with the manufacturer.
OR as NISHTA said..APG is a viable option too.

Cheers
Dom

desertopsguy
18th Jul 2011, 20:51
Thanks for the replies.

The aircraft are old (MD's) and the type is not well supported by Big B with regard to performance; I requested a copy of the FPPM and was told they don't do soft copies for that a/c and I would have to buy the paper one for 500USD!. The cost of getting them involved, purchasing scap packages and their lovely software would mostly likely cost more than getting a good provider.

I'm too busy right now anyway to be able to dedicate any time to an in-house solution.

Thanks again,

D.O.G

merlinxx
18th Jul 2011, 21:15
De-basic graphs, pencil & eraser. MD's were great until all folded & sticky with coffee or good Scottish wine (or Sid in the sandpit):E

yycdxr
5th Aug 2011, 23:06
desertopsguy you can also checkout Navtech based out of YKF (519-747-0616 should get you pointed in the right direction). I worked there 7 years ago and found that they had all the tin/thrust combo's you could ask for. Don't know about cost but Big B used to recruit the performance engineers.