PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Airlines

AussieAviator
7th Jul 2011, 04:11
A bit of good news for a change concerning a home grown Aussie airline. Maybe a future tie up with Qantas, concerning the east coast operations.

http://www.allianceairlines.com.au/images/July-05-11-alliance-acquires-four-more-aircraft.pdf

Red Jet
7th Jul 2011, 07:48
A future tie-up with QANTAS is GOOD NEWS???:rolleyes:

mach.865
7th Jul 2011, 08:26
So how many F100/70 crews will they be employing? What's the current crew to aircraft ratio? Any positions in SYD or MEL?

Have they started paying the new salary or are the negotiations at a stand off?

Lots of questions.

Xcel
7th Jul 2011, 12:36
It's got the bases listed in the media release posted above... Or their website. You may have lots of questions but with your research skills should they provide answers?

mach.865
7th Jul 2011, 12:43
It says East Coast. They might have NEW bases and that could be interesting, they do not have bases at present in SYD or MEL.

Xcel
7th Jul 2011, 13:56
"operate from" East Coast to w.a. But bases are listed...:ugh:

So from the listed bases which are east coast? Although this is a rumour network, even if a NEW base is being thought of, unless it's in a press release it ain't happened yet. Think management keep their cards close to their chest.

They definitely are the quiet achiever... :D

Biggles266
8th Jul 2011, 09:24
I spend quite a bit of time at Essendon airport and have seen a previously empty office become occupied in recent months with a flash new sign of a certain FIFO/Charter airline on the front door.
However, yet to see any aircraft so not sure if its becoming a hub.

gobbledock
8th Jul 2011, 09:56
Poor Alliance, why would they take a profitable operation and tarnish it in ****e by aligning themselves with Leprechaun Airways ? Good way to lose business and reputation. Alliance would be better off teaming up with Air Afghanistan or Tupolov Airways...

airdualbleedfault
8th Jul 2011, 13:49
Tie up with Qantas ? Unlikely since they now own an F100 operation in the west that is planned to be 12 strong in the next 18 months.
But they are based in Perth I hear you say, true, but where did alliance start ? ( clue : not in Perth )

Biggles266
8th Jul 2011, 14:01
But they are based in Perth I hear you say, true, but where did alliance start ? ( clue : not in Perth )

I believe they started in QLD didn't they, Brisbane possibly....?

Air Ace
8th Jul 2011, 22:05
Alliance started life as Flight West Airlines in Brisbane.

Name: A.C.N. 010 718 975 PTY LIMITED
ACN: 010 718 975
ABN: 12 010 718 975
Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 19/05/1987
Locality of Registered Office: Eagle Farm QLD 4009
Former Name(s): ALLIANCE AIRLINES PTY LIMITED - FLIGHT WEST AIRLINES PTY. LTD.

tourismman
8th Jul 2011, 22:32
Gosh those Sandgropers will pinch everything.
Alliance head office and main base is BNE.

They have other bases in ADL,PER,TSV and CNS.

DutyofCare
9th Jul 2011, 02:50
I've heard that Kumar & his head wobbling mates at Qlink have tried to buy Alliance for some time now ?
Scott & Co. have held fast to their price & as a result National Jet are (75 % chance ) bringing in 2 x 71's to BN to take over from the current Alliance F100 BN - MK / RK runs.

This is scheduled to happen after the Sunnies EBA goes through !

Seems like another low blow coming for the Sunnies crews, as NatJet has the lower cost base & yrs of experience operating jets.
This is on top of those Qlink " stick shaker episodes " & CASA nor management won't allow Qlink crews to progress to jets in the foreseeable future.
Alliance have been a quite achiever for many yrs now ( good a/c + reasonable T/C's ) & I think their smarter then taking a cheap offer for their blossoming business !!!

Xcel
9th Jul 2011, 04:06
Those current runs are Qantas anyway... Not just marketing but an actual Qantas route...

We all know with SP and SMc at the helm she will continue to blossom.

As the kelpie says - more to follow... :ok:

Icarus2001
9th Jul 2011, 04:14
Alliance have been a quite achiever for many yrs now ( good a/c + reasonable T/C's )

Well a quite achiever or a quiet achiever either way my friends who work there are happy enough but I am pretty sure it is the lowest paid jet job in Australia. There was a thread running with a comparison between all companies given a while ago and that seemed to confirm it.

Since Alliance "pinched" the Mount Keith/Leinster contract from Qantaslink a few years ago, operated by NJS, to establish their Perth base, it is only karma that they lose some as well. That is the game we play.

Fuel-Off
9th Jul 2011, 04:26
Care to divulge your sources DutyofCare? The exact same rumour came around when Strategic started up into Gladstone, still to see those 717s running up and down to compete...instead it's just death by Dashes as QF flood the market with seats. I'm sure the Sunnies boys and gals would appreciate any further info especially coming up to EBA time!

Fuel-Off :ok:

beechie
9th Jul 2011, 07:16
I am pretty sure it is the lowest paid jet job in Australia.

Really?

How do they compare the Cobhams 146s/717s and Network/Skywests F100s?? Thought they would all be on par?

RENURPP
9th Jul 2011, 11:10
Cobham 146/717 captain base is $150k at the moment, it's hard to determine what Alliance and Air Norh guys get, but rumor indicates their base wage is considerably lower. I would be interested o hear what network are on as well.

tourismman
10th Jul 2011, 03:59
Yes i have heard the same re the 2 B717's to operate BNE-ROK and BNE-MKY.
I also would not be one bit surprised that the 2 Fokker 70's Alliance just got delivered wont also do BNE-GLT and BNE-EMD when VA start those ports with ATR's.

jarden
10th Jul 2011, 08:17
^^That would be an interesting development if that happened tourismman. So Alliance F70s would fly routes for Qantas also.

Chadzat
10th Jul 2011, 09:08
If thats the case then that would be an epic waste of an aircraft. An F70 than can do trans continental flights and it seems was bought for that express purpose is not going to see sub 1 hr sectors going to Gladstone.

Alliance do Orange-Telfer I think at the moment with an F100, I would say the F70's are for this route and other similar regional east coast centres direct to the mining towns in WA.

Its a very smart move and would be interesting to see if they make money and are popular with mining clients, as Perth Airport is just a basket case at the moment.

tourismman
10th Jul 2011, 10:30
Yes Chadzat the F100 does BNE-OAG-Telfer and BNE-ASP-Telfer and yes that would be the first priority for the F70 which can do it non stop but they also stated on their news announcement that they have plans for them on undisclosed east coast routes.

What also has me interested is the quick placement of these 2 F70's ahead of the 2 F100's ordered months earlier this makes me suspicious of another reason.

What i am speculating is that if VA attack the QFlink routes why not put a 75 seat jet up against them.

Yes Jarden you never know ???

ryanboxer
10th Jul 2011, 11:40
wouldnt happen to know the schedule for the Orange flights?

tourismman
11th Jul 2011, 03:54
I dont have in and out times for Orange however they depart YBBN at 0955 Wednesday to Orange and they arrive on Thursdays into YBBN at 1600 hrs from Orange.

Cheers.

arrow28
11th Jul 2011, 09:04
I have asked this question on 2 different forums. ie. What are the Line up Allowances for the F100and F70. I would have thought with Alliance, Air Niugini, Skywest and Network operating there should be enough expertise to answer this question. Jar Ops define what it is, however it does not cover the F100 and Fokker70 specifically.
If anybody does know the answer I would appreciate the info..

Naggy
10th Jan 2014, 01:50
Does anyone happen to know roughly what the current Salary is with Alliance and how long their ground school goes for and is it a paid ground school?

DutyofCare
14th Jan 2014, 06:05
Their T/C's are still very reasonable in this current ( Labor induced ) tough economic environment, ground school 2-3 weeks & if you need to know if you'll get paid during it or not ??? THEY DON'T WANT YOU !!! :ugh:

Square Bear
14th Jan 2014, 07:46
.....ground school 2-3 weeks & if you need to know if you'll get paid during it or not ??? THEY DON'T WANT YOU !!!

Hoping you are taking the "piss", if true, attitudes like that do not provide for a good working culture.

bodybag
14th Jan 2014, 07:52
Nice reply duty of care..

This kind of attitude feeds the cancer

Maybe the previous poster was asking because if you don't get paid, HE / SHE DOESN'T WANT THEM!!!

Afterburner1
14th Jan 2014, 07:57
Heaven forbid people actually expect/want to get paid for going to work and doing their job :ugh:

Monopole
14th Jan 2014, 13:34
As far as I'm aware, you DO get paid during ground school, and if you ask you WILL get paid your allowances in advance to help with the cost of being away from home. And they have an account with a car charter mob so you DONT have to pay for transport..

Of course it could've all changed...

DutyofCare
15th Jan 2014, 19:17
Hah: Great name " Bodybag " Go jump in 1 n zip it up for us pls !!!

Of course Alliance pay for the ground school, but who's got the guts to ask ?

You couldn't be that short of $ to let a small thing like that determine IF you want to join a company or not: PLS ???

The industry is a very positive one by in large, however more so these days there's the element of crews in it for the $$$ only !

These days the $ getting paid to fly around is just bloody fantastic.

Who'd of Thunkit ???

wishiwasupthere
15th Jan 2014, 20:08
however more so these days there's the element of crews in it for the $$$ only !

Funny that. Last time I checked passion and job satisfaction alone don't pay the mortgage or put food on the table.

Anthill
15th Jan 2014, 21:24
Duty of Care must be taking the piss! Believe it or not, DoC, if a company did NOT pay me during ground school, I would have NO INTEREST for working with them. Same with 'pay for rating'. Flying is an enjoyable job, but the tangible benefits must be there to attract talent to the industry.

j3pipercub
15th Jan 2014, 23:18
Cmon don't be too mean. Remember, there's no strict seniority at Alliance, maybe DoC is doing his best to climb the greasy pole, or smoke it...

hiwaytohell
17th Jan 2014, 06:17
Duty of Care must be taking the piss! Believe it or not, DoC, if a company did NOT pay me during ground school, I would have NO INTEREST for working with them. Same with 'pay for rating'. Flying is an enjoyable job, but the tangible benefits must be there to attract talent to the industry. Hmmm?? OK so you also are probably the sort that would piss off after 6 months, if you got offered a job in a bigger aircraft, and expect the company to just write off the $50 - 80K (or whatever) they have just invested in you!

Anthill
17th Jan 2014, 06:28
That's a quantum leap of logic, highwaytohell, to the point of being irrational. Do you wish to create a straw man to argue with?

hiwaytohell
19th Jan 2014, 18:52
OK Ant I see your point... but what is wrong with smaller companies (that many pilots use as a stepping stone) requiring you to have a type rating before you go on the payroll?

White and Fluffy
6th Mar 2014, 05:16
What is the latest news with Alliance, their share price seems to be getting a hammering in the last few months, is there something the traders know we don't or something the company is not letting on about?

Does anyone have any idea what the big contract announcement hinted at in their profit results is?

Monopole
6th Mar 2014, 09:41
The long awaited announcement is taking its time being announced. Shares are probably being affected by the uncertainty.

chewi
9th Mar 2014, 03:48
Isn't Alliance the most profitable airline in Australia??

Judd
9th Mar 2014, 05:29
These days the $ getting paid to fly around is just bloody fantastic.

You can say that again. Qantas A380 second officer with normal allowances, pulls in around $200K or more according to one I know. Not bad at all for seat warming duties. :ok:

lk978
9th Mar 2014, 05:41
not for long....:ugh:

White and Fluffy
19th Jun 2014, 02:27
So the contract has been announced (BHP) and Alliance have ramped up in the west to service it.

Any news on how it is going?

Have they sent east coast crews over or hired new crews?

Capn Bloggs
19th Jun 2014, 06:05
Have they sent east coast crews over
Due to the stringent visa requirements required to keep the riffraff out of The West, they have employed locals. :ok:

Kulwin Park
9th Apr 2015, 13:03
2 to 3 jets of Alliance have been flying daily out of Karratha WA for the past week, and the work doesn't look like it is stopping. I thought Alliance wasn't flying much, but good on them. The jets look great, and their service looks very professional. Well from the terminal perspective anyway.
Have they merged with anyone yet, or won any new contracts.
Cheers, KP

B772
19th Apr 2015, 13:43
With Fortescue looking at employee roster changes to save money i.e a 30% reduction in flying it will be interesting to see if other companies follow suit.

With these types of reductions does anyone have concerns about the security of their job with Alliance.

BNEA320
19th Apr 2015, 22:10
there's plenty of work around. That said, prices might have to drop to meet the market.

How do they do that ?

Who knows.

Skystar320
21st Apr 2015, 11:35
Picked up some additional work in the west with Virgin Australia using the all white FK100.

Interesting... does anyone know more about the operation in NZ run by Alliance Airlines? It is on the website under investment relations - anyone know more?

Cheers

Going Nowhere
21st Apr 2015, 12:11
The NZ operation is for TAUCK on a 2 year deal.

There's also a 2nd F100 in white, possibly for VA in WA as well.

Alliance also announced they're closing the heavy maintenance facility in ADL and going offshore.

evolved
22nd Apr 2015, 07:55
They were saying on the radio today that alliance will reduce staff by 30+ in Adelaide as a result of the heavy Maint being moved. Between this and Cobham it's not looking good for SA.

bagthrower
26th Apr 2015, 00:21
Isn't Alliance the most profitable airline in Australia??

Shares at 43 cents and dropping

BNEA320
27th Apr 2015, 00:00
think Rex is most profitable of airlines with decent sized fleet at least (must have 50 something Saab 340's now)