Etihad did it Again!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/patlite_boy/ManCity.jpg

See you in A.Net A6-EYE

YaYa T
6th Jul 2011, 18:07
A fine machine!:ok:

Chidken Sangwich
6th Jul 2011, 19:20
Pretty sure this is due in MAN this week either Thursday or Friday to take them on their pre-season tour.

JSCL
6th Jul 2011, 19:26
Not being bias or anything but this does actually look amazing.

spannersatcx
6th Jul 2011, 19:34
You'd think that not having won anything for 35 years they would of at least put a reference to the fa cup on it, mind you at 600 million for one cup you probably wouldn't want to shout about it too loudly. :=

Small team small airline! :yuk::zzz:

G-AZUK
6th Jul 2011, 21:13
stunning, with the exception of the winglets, that look like an afterthought, with a football that you buy from a newsagents on it.

DiscoSteve
7th Jul 2011, 07:51
You'd think that not having won anything for 35 years they would of at least put a reference to the fa cup on it, mind you at 600 million for one cup you probably wouldn't want to shout about it too loudly.

Small team small airline!

Spot the rag :rolleyes:

Is that an A330? It looks fabulous! :cool:

North Stand Tier3
7th Jul 2011, 08:16
DS - no need to be bitter about it

Think it's a massive achievement. I hear they will follow in BA's steps and name it after British towns and cities and call it "Stockport"

Makes a pleasant change though - wonder if the Gooners will get an Emirates one?

TURIN
7th Jul 2011, 10:48
Oh dear god no!!

I know for a fact that a United fan will be tasked with riding the brakes on this this afternoon. :{:{:{:{

racedo
7th Jul 2011, 13:12
Dumb move

Why piss off potential customers who support other clubs.

Emirates even though they have supported Chelsea and Arsenal pretty much never had people avoid them because of it.

As a branding exercise some marketing flunky has cocked up.

pwalhx
7th Jul 2011, 15:42
Racedo is right, I wouldnt want to fly on Etihad for fear of flying on it. I know this is a biased and very subjective view but it is one that will be taken by quite a few.

I suspect some people will feel the same is true of the Turkish Airlines aircraft in United colours.

nighthawk117
7th Jul 2011, 15:51
so.... when are Emirates painting an A380 in United colours? :p

North Stand Tier3
7th Jul 2011, 16:44
More likely to be Qatar...cough,cough

You ain't seen me right............

spannersatcx
8th Jul 2011, 09:15
I see the image has disappeared, hopefully the blue team from Stockport will do the same! :ok:

Skipness One Echo
8th Jul 2011, 11:48
You have clearly not seen the numerous Etihad TV commercials involving City.

I think he means there's a lot of ordainary people from the red and black part of Manchester land who would be quite seriously annoyed at flying on that Airbus.

It's not just a game to many, on the ground in the UK the feelings and outcomes may well be different from the Air Conditioned "thinking cushions" at MarketingGeniusInc HQ.....

I was trying to imagine my Celtic mad cousin ever getting on a jet spnsored by Rangers....it didn't end well! Also it doesn't need two threads!

FL370 Officeboy
8th Jul 2011, 13:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQUReNJLf0

Lovely!

schweizer2
8th Jul 2011, 13:45
not a city fan but the aircraft looks great!
Just glad it doesn't have the red side of manchester on it! :D

Just a spotter
8th Jul 2011, 21:35
Doesn't Etihad translate as United or Union or something along those lines?

JAS

pwalhx
9th Jul 2011, 08:26
Can I correct the gentleman from California, I am a red I was born in Manchester all my family are reds and the vast majority of my friends are. It is an urban myth no United fans live in manchester, yes there are a lot of fans from elsewhere but then we have one of the biggest supports in the world so there would be wouldnt there.

Can I remind you both Air Asia and now turkish airlines have had United liveries, well before this.

Smoketrails
9th Jul 2011, 11:53
@ pwalhx

Nice place London!

aviatordom
9th Jul 2011, 12:46
I despise football but still think this livery looks fantastic!

As someone else said before though, I really don't like the tacky looking footballs on the wing fences :rolleyes:

Rob Courtney
9th Jul 2011, 12:57
Sure I read somewhere that Man Utd have the most supporters who live in a ten mile radius of any premier league team. They also dont seem to have any problems filling one of the biggest stadiums in the uk every match.

The funny thing is the aircraft was probably cheaper to buy than this years FA cup.:E

Anyway to City own the ground or rent it from the Council

North Stand Tier3
9th Jul 2011, 13:01
Says it all when the Southern Californian Stopfordian uses the term Man U, always makes me chuckle

I seriously doubt SAF is too peturbed or feeling 'outdone' about a blue plane flying from Manchester - quite ironic that Stockport is closer than Manchester City Centre to the airport. About 95% catchment area for the blue 'half'

A plane's a plane and people will just fly on it and besides if another myth is to be believed then everybody's 2nd favourite team is Ciddy anyway. It is only the outside that is painted and branded unless some marketing guy has ordered some 'FA Cup Champions 2011' sick bags and they plan to give out free inflatable bananas?

As always lads, don't be bitter....

Rob Courtney
10th Jul 2011, 16:24
Looks like they may soon have somthing to be bitter about

Top clubs want Manchester City's £400m deal vetoed | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2013014/Top-clubs-want-Manchester-Citys-400m-deal-vetoed.html)

:E

North Stand Tier3
12th Jul 2011, 08:01
Nerve touched perhaps?............

You ain't seen me right.................

Rob Courtney
12th Jul 2011, 12:35
The difference between Utd spending and City spending is that Utd have not been given the money they have earned it. Indeed it isnt sour grapes at all, if City can earn the money then goos luck to them, what I object to is people who try to "buy" sucess rather than earn it.

Liverpool, Leeds and a lot of great teams over the years got there by hard work.

Seems utd dont own the monoply of fans who live quite a bit away from the ground too dosnt it?:E

Rob Courtney
13th Jul 2011, 07:51
You are missing the point SOCAL Fergie CAN spend that amount because the football club earns it wheras City cant balance its books without a massive cash injection from its sugerdaddy.
Lets face it without the cash City would be a mid to lower table team at best wheras utd despite having all that debt laid on us by the americans still makes money every year.

Oh and just to point out I live in Manchester as well and as pointed out before Utd have the biggest fan base within a 10 mile radius of the ground than any other premier league club. (Liverpool came second):ok:

JimmyTAP
13th Jul 2011, 08:43
What is this? Spotter's Corner or Petty Football Bickering .net.

Can we get this shifted to JB please (or better still locked)?

pwalhx
16th Jul 2011, 14:04
@ smoketrails - I have no idea if it is nice in London, ask someone who lives there. Perhaps you missed the point where I said I come from Manchester.

SoCal I am sure you have seen United shirts in Santa Monica, I am currently in Hong Kong and have seen United shirts here along with Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal ones.

AndoniP
18th Jul 2011, 13:20
this horsesh*t made me laugh...

everybody's 2nd favourite team is Ciddy anyway

never heard of this 'myth', and i can assure you they are nobody's second team.

let's face it, a very high percentage of any successful club's supporters are nowhere near the place that the club is from. what do the americans, chinese, africans know about man united, barcelona or real? there's no point considering them as supporters anyway, but as fans that just follow the more successful teams because they don't know any better.

PPRuNe Pop
18th Jul 2011, 14:07
No more football threads. This is an avation site and even though Man C have got their own livery it is turning into a hooligans fight. Enough.