PDA

View Full Version : A330 to A340 conversion course required

spikeboy
6th Jul 2011, 11:42
Please help.
Looking for a A330 - A340 (CFM56) or (Trent) B1 course conversion.
Anybody know who could be running one in the near future.
If your airline or MRO are running one please can you give me a contact to inquire for outsiders to join.
Any help would be much appreciated. SRT are asking a mad price for this course.:{

Many thanks for any ideas:ok:
Spikeboy

Plore
6th Jul 2011, 19:30
I believe SAA might have a convertion course available since they had the A340's first and just got their first A330's earlier this year. They should thus use A340 as a base with a A340 to A330 diffirence course. As far as I know Virgin Atlantic also runs such a diffirence course in London at their Heathrow training facility. If they would have seats available for 'outsiders' I wouldn't know but its worth trying to find out.

Emirates uses the A330 as a base with a A330 to A340 diffirence course so they wouldn't be of any use to you. I very much doubt that they would take outsiders in on a course anyway.

Good luck.
P

TURIN
7th Jul 2011, 10:33
Any help would be much appreciated. SRT are asking a mad price for this course.

Thats because it's the best course you will ever take.

You don't just walk away with a ticket you actually learn stuff you need to know. The OJT is carried out by YOU. Not the instructor. Prepare to get dirty and actually start locking out reversers, install dummy door prox switches, carry out full function checks on live aircraft, etc.

It's the only course I have ever completed and been able to go straght to the CAA and get my license stamped off in a couple of weeks.

Yes it's expensive, and to be fair I didn't have to pay for it, but you pay for what you get. :ok:

And no, I don't have any interest in the company, just a respect for their training.