PDA

View Full Version : Need Some info on FOI Written

flysax
5th Jul 2011, 04:23
Hello All!

Is there any one over here who had taken the FOI written very recently or any info about the same after the FAA had revoked the new set of questions? Can some one shed some light. Am planning to give my written by the end of this week. I have just gone through the King Question Bank. Will this help?

Thanks

yeshvsagar
5th Jul 2011, 05:27
As far as I know the exam is not that difficult any more. A friend of mine gave it last week and scored 90%. I guess the King or what ever question bank will not help any more. Go on the FAA website and you can download the manual for it.

Good Luck

kaptn
5th Jul 2011, 19:05
Hi
I passed the FOI about a year ago, I studied for it by only reading some articles that I looked into Google, and passed online pilot exams...
I do not know if the questions have changed since, but it shouldn't be that difficult, just remebmber some acronmys, it"s the only way to learn...
LEt me know if you've got any question.
REgards,

flysax
5th Jul 2011, 23:39
Thanks all for the response.

jimmywings
9th Jul 2011, 05:12
So I spent an entire University quarter studying the ASA question bank book as well as the Jeppesen CFI manual as they were the only required material for my 141 ground school.

Then... 4 days before my FOI, my instructor emailed me the link to the Aviation Instructor Handbook. Apparently that's the only source for the new FOI questions.

You need to download the PDF from the FAA and study that book.

I've never scored below a 95% on any FAA written exam, and while I still managed a 94 on this one... I felt completely duped by the process. The FIA was even worse.

Don't know much about the King materials, but I can guarantee that the Aviation Instructor Handbook is all you need.

jimmywings
9th Jul 2011, 18:38
Thanks for selectively quoting my first post ever to make me look like a slacker. Nice job.

And no... unless you took the FOI in the last 3 weeks... you cannot say for certain that the only folks caught up by the new questions were those only studying for answers.

This is not an exam that tests understanding, application, and correlation of concepts... it is a definition and regurgitation test plain and simple. When they literally change the definitions of concepts for you to regurgitate there is something wrong with the system.

Look at the nationwide pass rates for this exam for the last month and you will see what I am talking about.

Yes, the Aviation Instructor Handbook has been around for years.

Having been encouraged to study that INSTEAD of the required material, would have proven more effective.

Hence my encouragement to look to that resource rather than any others.