PDA

View Full Version : Airside Pass - Problem Urgent!

Dave_t6
4th Jul 2011, 09:44
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone is working in airport security I.D. or has worked in there.
I am employed as a ramp agent at east midlands airport, my company Menzies have been trying to get my full airside pass from the security company G4S.

There has been a problem with two references where I worked for two agenencies. I have gave referees to cover the dates I have worked for these companies but they have turned down my application. They say I need HMRC to write a letter confirming those dates, HMRC say that it is impossible for them to confirm exact dates, only where has been worked during that tax year. All G4S say to that is tough!! There must be another way, I have lived in England all of my life, always been employed and have a clean criminal record. How can I be turned away for a pass based on work references!!

This is so important for two reasons; 1. I will lose my job next week unless it can be accepted, 2. I am an Aviation Graduate who wishes to work at an airline.

Any help welcome!

David!!

750XL
4th Jul 2011, 10:31
I had massive problems trying to get a reference from one certain employer when I was applying for my airside pass. In the end I just got a neighbour to write a 'gap reference' for me to cover the dates I worked there, with no problems.

aergid
4th Jul 2011, 10:40
Another G4S special lol...:ugh: All you require is a gap reference for the dates required from a responsible job holder: teacher, Civil servant, Police Officer etc saying that between these dates you were....

Ask G4s how you would get a reference from a company that has gone to the wall?

I used to coordinate all ramp recruitment for a handling agent at MAN and gap references are legitimate means of reference but it is not very well publicised.

the DoT recognise this type of reference so why shouldnt G4s. Also when I have contacted HMRC for references they can give the dates you paid tax to/from on each employer, and as long as the gap is not more than 3 weeks (better check that it might of changed) you dont need a reference...