PDA

View Full Version : QF Pilots Engagement Survey

ejectx3
1st Jul 2011, 08:22
The Towers Watson engagement data shows that less than 30% of Flight Crew are actively engaged.

A fine result.

Well done management for running a tight ship.

ACT Crusader
1st Jul 2011, 09:59
You'd think the "survey" that QF pilots have been completing over the last couple of weeks will also indicate "engagement".....

Ngineer
1st Jul 2011, 10:27
Considering our management reckon that overall engagement (company wide) was a little under 70%, it must be you guys that are dragging us down. Nice one fellas!!:p

assasin8
1st Jul 2011, 10:48
"Mea culpa, mea culpa..."

I'm just so ashamed of myself, having dragged the company down... and even after being treated with soooooo much respect by management!

I'll be out the back, flogging myself! :hmm:

ps. Anyone looking to employ a kamakazie? You'll get one good flight out of me... :rolleyes:

Captain.Que
1st Jul 2011, 11:03
Pilots 70% disengaged
Engineers 78% disengaged
Cabin Crew 68% disengaged
How can 70 % of employees be engaged ?
Show us the raw data and we will show you a big lie

blueloo
1st Jul 2011, 12:35
If there are 70 odd percent disengaged.... One would assume that would reflect the average sort of pilot.... Its quite scary to think 30 % are engaged or happy with what's going on at QF.....

Maybe they would be the ideal candidates to take a Jetstar Bangladesh basing getting paid two dolla pipty an hour?

Keg
1st Jul 2011, 13:32
Similar to blueloo, all that shows is that 3 out of 10 QF drivers really do view the QF world through rose coloured glasses. :eek:

altocu
2nd Jul 2011, 00:42
"Similar to blueloo, all that shows is that 3 out of 10 QF drivers really do view the QF world through rose coloured glasses."

They must be on the "80". There sure as hell isn't 30% engagement on the 76.

blueloo
2nd Jul 2011, 12:01
Further to the above... aside from the disaster that will be the August 24th announcement, I am somewhat concerned to see that the Chief Pilot thinks that fixing the "DAMP" computer course is going to be the magic pill which fixes engagement.

I didn't how to respond to reading it..... laughing hysterically, or sobbing uncontrollably because our future is so bleak......

Sonny Hammond
2nd Jul 2011, 12:51
Obviously, 70% odd actually took the time to display their disengagement whilst 30% odd didn't even bother filling out the survey.

The company has simply assumed that they are engaged.

How on earth could any QF pilot be engaged?
Maybe if you actually bother to turn up to work you must be engaged??

ejectx3
2nd Jul 2011, 13:34
Yes, I also laughed/cried at the DAMP comment. Words failed me....

V-Jet
2nd Jul 2011, 23:44
The challenge for us is how to best address your underlying concerns when the things that you're disengaged by are essential elements of the Qantas strategy.

We cannot ignore the need for change, but it is apparent that we need to get better at involving you and managing your expectations.

Did anyone else notice the subtlety in these sweeping statements?

The current disastrous management should be concentrating on nothing more than managing (not destroying) the airline. They employ people for 40-45 years in a lot of cases because they have expertise, experience and great desire to do a good job. Those people in turn work for management and expect nothing more than the same effort and quality of leadership they provide as employees.

Management should be concentrating on getting their own house in order (while there are at least some piers and floorboards remaining) before they say 'we aren't managing your expectations properly'. Unbelievably snide, incorrect and misleading.

DO YOUR F^%$$#&ING job properly* and leave me to do mine!

There are many, many examples of how these clowns are inadequate losers and not managers. All I see is a conga line of bonus seeking leeches with no concept of airline operations all following one little green man** down to the back of the garden to help themselves to the secret trough. However, in the forlorn hope that one of them can pull themselves away from looking at their bank account for more than 2 minutes, consider for one second a 'written off' company like Apple, that managed to convince an entire world that everyone needed a $500 tape recorder.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

God give me the strength not to strangle one of these morons if I have the misfortune to see one.

* even a quarter properly would be a good start.
** 'man' term used for want of something better. May be misleading.

Shark Patrol
2nd Jul 2011, 23:47
The whole thing means that QF have a strategy in mind, they don't give a rats whether it disengages the staff and they are just gonna keep on doing it anyway.

Remember what that scumbag Dixon used to say? "Nobody's leaving so it can't be all that bad!"

But hey, as long as the DAMP course is fixed ... HAPPY DAYS!!!

ejectx3
2nd Jul 2011, 23:53
The greater qantas strategy and the Aug 24 feel good announcements
will most likely drive most of us to drink heavily. Perhaps they need to remind us of the damp rules.

BP2197
3rd Jul 2011, 02:44
Apparently Towers Watson encountered a unique phenomena in Qantas: a large percentage of disengaged people with no intention of leaving. The inference being that normally disengaged people leave an organisation but not at Qantas. Why is that?

ejectx3
3rd Jul 2011, 03:24
Seniority - Seniority - Seniority - Seniority

I think most of use would leave in a second given the future envisioned for us 'legacy' pilots. Polluters of cultures that we are. But unless you can find a decent company that will take you at your current rank it means a huge hit in pay.

So we hang on an try and change the future as best we can.

3rd Jul 2011, 08:37
People aren't leaving because they are waiting for the management team to either leave or be walked out the door. The turnover of management is generally fairly high in this outfit. The next lot couldn't be any worse than the current bunch.
Once they've filled their bank accounts beyond their wildest imaginations they leave before the trail of mismanagement comes back to bite them.
Dixon timed it perfectly.

C441
3rd Jul 2011, 08:52
The inference being that normally disengaged people leave an organisation but not at Qantas. Why is that?

Because the staff are disengaged from the management of Qantas, not the iconic brand which most are still incredibly proud to serve and support.

The nearest analogy I can make is the opinion a patriotic population may have of an unpopular government. They dislike the way the country's being run but would never leave "home".

V-Jet
3rd Jul 2011, 09:41
C441.
Hear hear.

Firecat
3rd Jul 2011, 09:44
C441...you nailed it dude!!!!!