PDA

View Full Version : IE 8 Retrograde.....

OFSO
30th Jun 2011, 18:32
Since upgrading to the very-latest-most-wonderful-you-ain't-seen-nothing-like-it-before version of IE, Number 8 I believe, the text has become smaller (silly way to put it but you know what I mean) on the screen. Changing display properties doesn't help: however, bottom right "change zoom level" to 125% puts PPRuNe (and everything else) back to what it was. But needs resetting for every new web page. Any way to fix this problem ?

Spurlash2
30th Jun 2011, 21:34
OFSO

Try THIS (http://browsers.about.com/od/internetexplorertutorials/ss/ie8textsize.htm), which should fix your snagette.

stuckgear, Que?

OFSO
1st Jul 2011, 06:40
Jawohl, already did that and...wait for it...nothing happened to the text size ! What does it all mean ? (Thinks....(deleted) )

Spurlash2
1st Jul 2011, 08:01
Check the Zoom level. The default may be at 80%, as opposed to the 100% it should be. Same menu that you changed your font size on.

If that doesn't fix it, it could be missing fonts :(

OFSO
1st Jul 2011, 10:03
Thanks ! Zoom level was at 100%, setting zoom to 125% much better and stayed that way after leaving/returning website.

The same 'problem' has happened on my wife's new laptop running WN 7 and only appears to affect PPRuNe.

Well, they say portions of food get smaller as you get older and I guess prunes are no different ;-)

OFSO