PDA

View Full Version : Is there anywhere where I can view aircraft that are being scrapped close up?

Dave Cummings
30th Jun 2011, 18:07
Hello all,
I was wondering if there is anywhere in the UK that I could go and view (even look around) an aircraft thats eith beiong broken up or due to be broken up. The reason why I ask is I think it would be interesting to get some very close up pictures of these aircraft before they are broken up and obviously never seen again.

SpringHeeledJack
30th Jun 2011, 18:37
Kemble in Oxfordshire is one possibility, but you might be unable to overcome the H&S implications of possibly being injured by sharp/large/toxic bits of the scrapped aircraft. That said, i'm sure that if you contacted the scrapping company and made a good case they might be open to letting you near ? I'm sure that someone will be along soon with the name of the company.

zarniwoop
1st Jul 2011, 10:48
Air Salvage Intenational is the name you need.

Vizsla
1st Jul 2011, 10:56
If you are a tax payer you could demand entry to various RAF bases

Topspotter
2nd Jul 2011, 14:49
Book a flight with jet 2,:) most of their fleet appear to be well overdue for the scrappers yard

denhamjosh18
3rd Jul 2011, 08:16
You could go to a museum, take all the photos your hearts desire, then ask politely to demolish it.:ok::ok::ok:

Just a suggestion:}

NutLoose
3rd Jul 2011, 10:25
I did this with a 767 they broke up at East Midlands, they start here in the thread

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/287822-east-midlands-6-a-103.html

Other places near you may be Lasham Airport? good luck, i was lucky it was on my doorstep.

Planemike
4th Jul 2011, 08:23
Kemble in Oxfordshire is one possibility,

Mmmmmm......... Think Kemble is still in Gloucestershire !!!

Planemike