PDA

View Full Version : DGCA ATPL oral Questions

sriramee
30th Jun 2011, 17:44
hi,
i am not able to find the answer for the following questions which has been asked in DGCA ATPL oral.
it would be helpful if someone could tell the answer for the following questions,
what is the difference between RNAV 1 and RNP1?
in enroute charts, why are some airports doesnt have localiser symbol, even though airport has ILS facility.
who issued the MOCA which is depicted on enroute chart ( jeppesen or state authority, ? how can we find out this? )

Thanking you

pilot2612
19th Sep 2011, 10:08
grid mora is state authority.
but mora in jeppessen charts is by jeppesen.

rbhojwani
19th Sep 2011, 12:52
RNAV is a form of navigation based on waypoints and GPS position. It stands for Radial Navigation.

RNP corresponds to Required Navigation Performance, and basically corresponds to the degree of certainty associated to the real geographical position of the aircraft VS the position shown on the aircraft's instruments through inertial systems of GPS. RNP1 means the aircraft's real position is within 1nm laterally of the position shown on the aircrafts instruments, and likewise for RNP2, etc.

paco
19th Sep 2011, 14:16
RNAV means Area Navigation, which describes ways of flying directly across country without doglegging all over the place, or having to pass over radio fixes, which saves fuel and makes better use of airspace.

There are nearly as many RNAV standards as there are varieties of airspace. For example, B- and P-RNAV are used in Europe, MNPS over the North Atlantic and RNAV 1 and 2 in the USA (RNAV 1 = P-RNAV).

Performance Based Navigation is an ICAO attempt to provide standardisation, where the emphasis is on specifications rather than equipment.

RNP (Required Navigation Performance) is a measure of the navigation performance needed to operate within certain airspaces. In common usage, this means the lateral accuracy in nautical miles that an aircraft is expected to maintain for 95% of the time, relative to a desired flight path.

The system accuracy takes after the specification - for example, RNP4 means within 4 nm along or across track. This would typically be used en route, whereas you would need RNP 1 or 2 around terminals, which are busy. RNP is self-monitoring and can warn you if you are likely to stray outside airspace boundaries, which are equal to twice the RNP value - RNP4 means an 8 nm wide corridor.

pilot2612
21st Sep 2011, 16:15
1. grid mora by Jepp
2. grid mora by state authority

1. by jepp:
1000' clearance for obstacles and elevations upto 5000' msl
2000' clearance for obstacles and elevations from 5001' upwords

2. by state authority:
1000 clearance from highest obstacle in non-mountainous region
2000 clearance in mountainous regions.

PLEASE:::: can you guys help me regarding ATPL ORALS?? NAV & RAD AIDS???
what can i expect???

very greatful for your help..

planeboy_777
2nd Jan 2012, 04:44
guys the ATPL orals have started today.
Please let us know the questions if able.

Flying duo
3rd Sep 2012, 20:34
Hey guys be a sport orals have started keep posting........ :ok:

adgsunke
4th Sep 2012, 16:16
Loc will be shown on enroute chart only if it performs a Nav function. It will not be shown if it is only for ldg aid

Hoobastank
15th Jun 2013, 11:08
i gave my viva about 10 days back. Wish me luck for the results.

Guy sitting was an Indigo Captain, i couldnt see the name on his AEP though.!
Questions asked.

1. how does GPS work in general and what are the errors. + what is the purpose of GPS in your A320.
2. What is installed in Airbus, IRS or INS and how does that function.
3. How is Doppler VOR different in the working principal and what is Doppler shift.
4. How does TCAS give RA.
5. All modes of EGPWS , hows it different from GPWS and what happens when the EGPWS data is now updated in the aircraft.
6. A few simple questions on Pitostatic instruments (majorly ASI and MAch meter) like pitot blocked and climbing etc

There were quiet a few more questions that i dont recall!. but shall post asap.!

Wish me luck !!!!!