PDA

View Full Version : CPL XC quick question

felixflyer
30th Jun 2011, 06:51
Hi

I am flying my CPL XC flight tomorrow and just wondered whether I need to get any signatures or do anything special. Do I just log it in the log book as proof or are the some extra things I need to do?

Regards

rmcb
30th Jun 2011, 07:35
No, you don't need any signatures, but it covers all bases if you can get a signature from the tower (if available) at each destination with a date and time that will cross reference against your logbook timings.

At the very least, hang on to the plog and photocopy your chart before gleefully cleaning off your route and ticking 'that' box

AndoniP
30th Jun 2011, 12:29
i'm not sure about the CPL QXC but for the PPL my school gave me a form which was signed and stamped by the tower bods at the other 2 airfields. I would ask your instructor if there is such a thing for the CPL as well.

felixflyer
30th Jun 2011, 14:48
Many thanks, will get some signatures to be on the safe side.
:ok:
Regards

VJW
30th Jun 2011, 15:26
Having issued CPL licences etc when I was at the UK CAA, I can confirm signatures were not required when I was there. In all honesty the staff there just look for 3 flights in 1 calendar day where a 300nm flight 'could' have taken place (ie A to B to C to A (if these were all within 10 nm of each other and you logged 4 hrs flying, I don't even think they'd catch it)). There is no tape measure, wind calculations or anything remotely accurate done in the licensing dept when it comes to cross checking the CPL XC flight. No signatures or QXC certificate required as it was for a PPL. Strange that you need it for one but not the other, but that was the case. Doubt it changed!

rmcb
30th Jun 2011, 15:45
If I was in your position I would still get the signatures and a date time stamp (or buy something at the canteen with your debit card!). The Creepy Crawlies have a tendency to do things out of the ordinary through sheer whimsy. Your arse is thus massively covered.

kwb911
30th Jun 2011, 19:48
Completed my CPL last year and did not get any signatures for the cross country. No problem with licence issue.