Mizuno boy
28th Jun 2011, 14:03
Any recommendations for handling FBO's etc. for LFMN (Nice) appreciated

Cheers
MB

INNflight
28th Jun 2011, 14:48
Landmark, Signature, Swissport....

all good & all very busy this time of the year.

Mizuno boy
28th Jun 2011, 17:07
Also any hotel recommendation for a long stay appreciated.

Cheer
MB

epsum
28th Jun 2011, 19:08
We have been in Aston in downtown (reasonable price via Landmark), or in Holiday Inn resort (very close to the beach and airport).
As we use only Landmark in Nice, I cannot complain. But you must prepare for serious fuel delays (whenever possible, refuel after landing, not prior departure).

galaxy flyer
28th Jun 2011, 19:51
Last summer, I stayed at the Holiday Inn, too. Surprisingly nice rooms, decent breakfast and central. 4 blocks off the "beach".

GF

Yogibaboo
28th Jun 2011, 20:07
We always stay in Holiday Inn Resort in Saint Laurent du Var, close to the airport. Located exactly at the beach, next to boulevard plenty of restauraunts and clubs, yacht marina, water sports center, huge shopping center. If you are looking for something not so expensive I recommend Novotel nearby.

Have a nice stay!!!

Yogi

INNflight
28th Jun 2011, 20:10
If you're looking for in the city and not so close to the airport - our crews like the Hotel Beau Rivage a lot, depending on if you can get a half decent rate of course.

One block from the beach / promenade, close to the pedestrian zone and if you fancy that... even a McDonalds. France's finest food. ;)

epsum
28th Jun 2011, 20:50
Sorry fot offtopic, but in France and Italy, the breakfast is s****. Couple days ago, in Brest, we got offered for breakfast only bread and yoghurt. They claimed it was CONTINENTAL breakfast.
Next day in Berlin, we got actual breakfast.. Like the one you eat in morning and next time when your stomach gives you: FOOD message, is the very moment when you offload your pax and can have a lunch at 7pm.. or leftovers, if you prefer...

Oldschoolflyer
28th Jun 2011, 21:40
Girls at Landmark....Amazing!

PicMas
28th Jun 2011, 22:19
+1 Oldschoolflyer!!

:ok::ok:

clivewatson
28th Jun 2011, 22:39
I have tried all of the handlers at Nice. Ditto re the landmark chicks!! Outstanding, all of them, plus first class service....Landmark at Nice everytime, but sadly not at all destinations. (Le Bourget was terrible last visit).

Both Holiday Inn's in Nice are good. If you need to be next to the airport for a quick night stop, the Novotel Arenas is a good choice with free internet and not a bad breakfast. Landmark will get you a good room rate too.

ericthepilot
29th Jun 2011, 12:38
Landmark +1

G-DAVE
29th Jun 2011, 22:12
Handling wise, Landmark are always good and agree with the comments on the ladies there :p:p

Fuel, whoever you use, refuel when you land, there are often delays.

Hotels; depends on budget, maybe you can tell us your limit? But, I've used most there and there is a good range of hotels in the CAP3000 area that are close to the beach and have many restaurants along the sea front and also a big shopping area nearby.

HTH

Mizuno boy
29th Jun 2011, 22:16
In the 200 eu. range.

Thanks
MB

Klimax
30th Jun 2011, 12:37
One up for Landmark AND the female employees there!! :p:D

AND yes. Arrange the fuel after landing and NOT the day of departure!

Have fun and enjoy the Continental French Breakie! (U can always find a baquette!):ok: