PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please re- blood pressure/medical

ozziecrew
27th Jun 2011, 19:53
Hi guys

I am about to undertake a class 1 medical for flying in the UK and I need some opinions or past experiences please.

I have a fear of doctors which make me quite uncomfortable which increases my blood pressure and heart rate to levels up to 150-170.

I have had many tests 2 years ago regarding this as the doctors though I may have HBP, everything has come back fine.

Since February I monitor my BP every day roughly 2-3 times a day and log it in a spreadsheet. I use a BP montior that is reliable and has a guarantee, so not a dodgy cheap one!!

Now when I go for my class 1 medical, how much of this information would be taken on board by the doctor, would they believe me? (because anyone can enter these readings to be honest).I also have recorded myself taking the pressure to proove it is me. From what i have done on my research that with my age the max level is 140/90. I know once I get confortable with the doc is slowly decreases. I guess I'm just hoping a doctor would be paitent with me to realise it's just nerves in a clinical condition.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks all!

Airclues
27th Jun 2011, 20:23
http://www.pprune.org/medical-health/303414-blood-pressure-hypertension-thread.html

gingernut
27th Jun 2011, 21:11
Take your info with you, and remember the doc sets out with the intention of passing you.

ozziecrew
27th Jun 2011, 22:16
Thanks mate appreciate your advice!!

galaxy flyer
28th Jun 2011, 00:25
While this is an FAA medical, but I have taken Lisinopril (20 mg/daily) for 7 years and no problem with the doc. Once a year,my BP and lab panel of tests and done. It brought min done to 120/73.

GF