PDA

View Full Version : Internet 9 problems

Fareastdriver
26th Jun 2011, 18:01
I have recently installed IE 9 on my computer. No problems once one had sorted out where the buttons were. This morning I started up my computer and the desktop was black. There was no way I could influence it so I went into Control Alt Delete. Shortly after a patch came up telling me that Windows Explorer was not responding. Ten seconds later it had autofixed and I was back in business. Everything works except Internet explorer.

Before I had the top toolbar on show all the time with the Google Toolbar underneath it. Mousing down to the bottom of the page brought up the desktop toolbar and I could shift between functions.

Now I have a full page on the internet and if I push the mouse to the top all I get is the address, blank page and home/favourites/close line. I have reloaded Google Toolbar twice without success. I cannot get the desktop tools page, something that is available in every other function which means that I have to minimise IE every time I want to refer to other functions. I have reloading IE 9, that has failed as well. There may be a simple way of rearranging the internet page which is not obvious by going through the control panel.

Anybody any ideas.

green granite
26th Jun 2011, 18:37
With IE9 open right click on the very top of the page this should open a list of menus to tick.

Fareastdriver
26th Jun 2011, 20:22
Thanks. That has worked so I have the Google toolbar back. I cannot get rid of the residue from a Microsofr toolbar that has a yellow star with a green flash on it. Is there any way that I can get the bottom desktop toolbar to pop up on demand? It used to on IE7.

green granite
26th Jun 2011, 21:13
Sorry I don't use IE9 so I only know the very basic stuff,perhaps one of the IE9's devotees will appear and be able to help you.

Fareastdriver
27th Jun 2011, 09:07
It seems to have solved itself this morning so now it is back to where it started. Thanks for the help.