PDA

View Full Version : A long shot...

172_driver
24th Jun 2011, 10:37
This is a long shot, but if anyone could help me out on this one it must be the SLF regularly transiting our European airports. I was flying through AMS this Tuesday morning (21st of June). I had run out of battery on my cellphone and in a small stand, selling candy, water, possibly magasines, abeam gate D82 there was a very nice guy that helped me out with a charger. I know it may seem trivial, but I was in a hurry, I never got the chance to properly thank the person. So my question is, anyone happen to know the name of this small stand/booth (if it even has a name?). Or if anyone is traveling via AMS and concourse D, you could just check if there is a name of the place. That way it may be easier to look up some contact information.

Did I say this was a long shot?? :O

jackieofalltrades
24th Jun 2011, 11:36
Was it one of the "See Buy Fly" stores? There's a number of these in the terminal at various gates, and they sell the sort of merchandise you mention.

k3lvc
24th Jun 2011, 12:29
Try this

Schiphol - Maps (http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol/Maps.htm)

172_driver
25th Jun 2011, 16:09
Thanks for your replies, I think this little booth is not even depicted on the chart. Not sure if it was a See Buy Fly store or not. Oh well… might just run by the store on my way out in a month.

cavortingcheetah
25th Jun 2011, 17:46
The Munich flight usually gets into that far region of the D Terminal. I'll be there next Saturday and if I have time before my connection I'll have a look for you and post accordingly. No report back here means I regret I didn't have time.
You could try posting something here perhaps?
schiphol airport KLM Blog (http://blog.klm.com/tag/schiphol-airport/)
Anyone who has had as many love affairs as have I could tell you that a long shot is usually worth the odd piece of shrapnel.

172_driver
26th Jun 2011, 06:14
cavortingcheetah,
That would be a huge favour. Monday I am leaving for two week weeks so I might not be on PPRuNe for a while, but looking forward to any reply. Indeed I only gave you the short version, but there was a girl involved and the name of this place would be the best start to regain contact with her :oh:

cavortingcheetah
26th Jun 2011, 12:13
No problems in theory. That'll be Saturday July 2nd at about 15.00.
Check pms.

TSR2
26th Jun 2011, 18:22
but there was a girl involved and the name of this place would be the best start to regain contact with her

Aha ....... I see now