PDA

View Full Version : 49'er 10 YR REUNION

crewsunite
24th Jun 2011, 09:01
Are there any plans?

Should we not do something to show our respects?

The Management
25th Jun 2011, 14:41
Mr. Rik Nodes will be hosting a party at his residence. Invited guests will include Mr. Ken Barely along with his close friends. Also Mr. TT will be on guitar and David Turdball will be back up vocalist in between snorts.

Mr. Nodes has proclaimed it was one of the best decisions of his Management career. It goes to show that The CPG can and will do what they want in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Courts and Government supports The CPG way of business. The CPG is also supported by the HKCAD in most aspects of aviation in HK, in-between First Class tickets to the destination of their choice.

The death of two pilots does not weigh on the shoulders of Mr. Nodes and he sleeps very well at night. He considers it collateral damage of doing business in Hong Kong and The CPG will not hesitate to use this tactic again if the pilot group decides to rise up once again.

All 49ers are welcome to attend as any member of the HKAOA just to see us gloat.

All the Star Chamber Members will be in attendance. It has been so long ago we did not actually keep track of who our Star Chamber Members were. No notes were taken by any member so it is hard to recall who attended.

The Party will start July 9 at 7:00 PM. Please RVSP the Director of Cargo’s Secretary by July 6th to reserve your seating. Funny noses and party hats will be handed out to HKAOA members at the door.

Capt Toss Parker
25th Jun 2011, 17:52
STAR Chamber can not attend (we'll) be at the international NAMBLA convention that week end in Phenom Penh.

Regards CRWTOS

Mr. Bloggs
26th Jun 2011, 22:05
I think we showed our respect when we sold them out and not supported the 49ers court case.

my oleo is extended
25th Mar 2013, 04:09
The Screaming Skull finishes his tenure in Australia later in the year as Director Aviation Safety.
Many in CASA have enjoyed his 5 fun years of anger outbursts and jamming pineapples up staff and industry's as#es. In fact some have reported he even ran his own little Star Chamber whilst applying his safety knowledge for the betterment of Australia's skies, good practise from his CX days?
However once his contract expires it would be rumoured that due the nature of government senate and safety inquiries combined with the parlous state of the regulator and industry the Screaming Skull will not be asked to remain in his supreme role or reapply for it.

Many in Australia would like to know if CX will have him back, please? We are certain his safety skills could be well utilised in Cathays safety, regulatory or compliance department? He also has a great deal of experience flying your shiny toys so perhaps he could become a DEC?
Surely his experience in cost cutting and sacking pilots is just the kind of initiative CX is looking for in 2013? I am sure The Management would welcome him back to Hong Kong with open arms and open bonus?
He travels very light - blood pressure pills, Hawaiian shirts, 4 pairs of white apple catchers and a box of fine stoogies.

He has a fine memory of the 49er events which of course he would argue 'never really occurred', and this knowledge along with a yet to be completed hit list, an understanding of CX's Gulag procedures plus his robust desire to smell the tin again rather than the vinyl seat backs in the Senators offices surely is a good enough reason for CX to say 'welcome home son'?

Please consider.

China Flyer
25th Mar 2013, 07:35
Very subtle!

:ok:

4 driver
25th Mar 2013, 19:47
The Star Chamber members are well known; thanks to a leaked memo by a sacked Chief Pilot.
The 49'ers fiasco, and subsequent Crofts case, was the start of the tax issues and on-shoring nightmare that continues to haunt CX.
London/Swires also remember. They have subtlety made various moves in response to the mismanagement in this period.
Nonetheless, I don't know how members of the Star Chamber can sleep at night when two deaths occurred directly or indirectly from the unjust sacking.
What do you expect when the group was led by someone who fired a CN for throwing a peanut?
A memorial of sorts should be held.

Captain Dart
26th Mar 2013, 03:51
A Pyrrhic victory for the airline. The tax, labour law and crew relations ramifications are still echoing through their universe after all this time, like those background echoes of the big bang in the cosmic radiation. We await with interest the outcome of the French case against their transgressions in this area.

They will never recover from the bad press and bad crew relations while the 49er debacle is in living memory. John Warham's book hasn't helped them, and many of us still have lists of the Star Chamber members, also available on the Internet.

It reminds me of the '89 'war in Australia'; seen as a 'victory' over the pilots, not one of the airlines involved in that dispute was in existence only 13 years later.

And welcome back, 'The Management' and 'Toss', we've missed you both :D. And Oleo, we definitely don't want him back! I am sure he will enjoy his retirement courtesy of the good old ATP (Australian Tax Payer), spending his time flying his YAK, waxing his dome, and shouting at people.

22N114E
26th Mar 2013, 08:10
Jizz, was it not 4?

I have always considered the demoted officers amongst the '49ers. Chris G never returned from the Himalayas. Whilst not directly the fault of CX, events prior to his fall could not have helped...

coonabarabran
27th Mar 2013, 21:33
JMac update:

Pel-Air Senate sensation CASA hid key safety audit from ATSB | Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2013/02/15/pel-air-senate-hearing-sensation-casa-hid-key-safety-audits-from-atsb/)

Pucka
28th Mar 2013, 04:46
22N..I don't think the politics of the 49ers had anything to do with Chris's death. Do you really think that any judgement call in the death zone has any, even tenuous ties with any political thread??..talk about clutching at straws to maintain an old copy thread!!

Lowkoon
28th Mar 2013, 10:33
Cx management have denied that a list of those that will be attending the reunion exists. Industry insiders doubt the companies claims.

my oleo is extended
28th Mar 2013, 21:28
Coonabarabran, it is somewhat ironic that a Star Chamber member now be sitting on the other side of the Chamber so to speak as the Australian Senators grill him. In the very least there has certainly been some awkward and uncomfortable moments for the angry man, which is a pleasure to watch.