PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning Software

xuejiesandi
22nd Jun 2011, 20:19
Greetings,

I'm looking for a good planning software for Dornier-328 Jet. If some one is using or has used, please suggest.

dallas
22nd Jun 2011, 20:38
Jeppesen is probably the leader, but relatively expensive and poorly supported IMO. If you're just a one-jet outfit don't expect a huge amount of interest from them.

PPS by Air Support will do the job. It's simpler than Jepp, cheaper, and more than adequate provided it's been set-up properly.

xuejiesandi
22nd Jun 2011, 20:48
Hey Thanks Dallas, I really was looking for smthing other than jeppesen..:ok::ok:. As we are using Jeppesen for the other aircraft & it lets us down quite often. thanks a lot

LGWXOPSA
22nd Jun 2011, 21:17
I have to say, and please excuse me, but Jeppesen is very reliable, the norm for it 'not working correctly' is individuals who have not been trained correctly on using the software .....

xuejiesandi
22nd Jun 2011, 21:43
LGWXOPSA (http://www.pprune.org/members/359016-lgwxopsa)

Jeppesen is the leader! No one can argue with it, but I'm working in Africa & training the individual correctly is almost always a tall order around here, specially when dealing with language issues. That is why we wanna try something eles as well. If not than always can come back to adding DO328J to the existing option.

LGWXOPSA
22nd Jun 2011, 21:59
I see you point my friend

dallas
23rd Jun 2011, 09:19
And I didn't say the software wasn't reliable. The service is the bit that puts us off.

xuejiesandi
23rd Jun 2011, 10:34
Can some suggest some more alternate, keeping Africa in view. Please

V1... Ooops
23rd Jun 2011, 11:10
Can some suggest some more alternate, keeping Africa in view. Please

I use Jeppesen FliteStar (http://jeppesen.com/personal-solutions/aviation/flitestar-computer-based-flight-planning.jsp) (the Corporate version) for long-distance ferrying of DHC-6 aircraft, and I am very happy with it. It would work well for a 228 - it does weight and balance, fuel flow prediction, etc.

I think it would be ideal for Africa, because it will download weather information automatically, and display METARs, TAFs, synoptics, upper winds, etc. - this is especially useful in Africa, where is is not always possible to get this information locally.

PT6A
23rd Jun 2011, 14:59
Is Jeppesen the leader? In what sector?

In European airline sector for flight planning the leader is now LIDO.

PT6A

xuejiesandi
23rd Jun 2011, 20:50
Thanks V1, flightstar seems very appropriate althought we have got PPS demo scheduled. Lets see howz the experience.

Thanks PT6A, will check LIDO as well.

PT6A
23rd Jun 2011, 20:56
Xue,

I dont think LIDO will work with you are your a small operator, however PPS does use the LIDO navigation database.

PT6A

SU-GCM
24th Jun 2011, 02:39
Lido will only work with fleets starting from 5 aircrafts

Jeppesen jetplan is a good choice apart from their account manager may be busy some times and that would get you waiting some time for weeks before you could adjust a very simple thing , while for customer support their GSSC is quite helpful , you just need to speak to the right person (Jennifer, Brian or Linda)

You can use SITA Flightplanning as well but it's very expensive as it charge your per request not like jetplan which gives you open unlimited flightplans and for around 400 euros if you are operating 1 aircraft only

VIKING9
24th Jun 2011, 06:10
xuejiesandi

There are other systems that are more viable and cost effective. I sent you a PM.

EI1978
27th Jun 2011, 09:08
xuejiesandi,

You could consider using Skyplan ... A Canadian HQ'd company, with 24/7 dispatch offices in Calgary & Sharjah. (Sales office in Dubai)

Skyplan has a proprietary web-based flight planning system called "CTO" (Cyber-Trac-One) which may be suitable for your needs.

yycdxr
23rd Jul 2011, 02:45
Hi there,
I would recommend Navtech based in Waterloo Ontario. They specialize in one off's and smaller operators. They can provide a variety of resources from Flight Planning including TLR's as well as charts etc. Their contact is 1-416-747-0616.

merlinxx
23rd Jul 2011, 10:36
YYCDXR self promo tis a wonderful thing:ugh:

yycdxr
23rd Jul 2011, 13:57
Merlinxx I haven't worked there in 7 years but it was a great place.

merlinxx
23rd Jul 2011, 22:01
Twas 7 years ago when Dave Palavacinni sent me a quote:E Known D.P. since our days with Lockhheed Data Plan now Jepp:ok: