PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find Cathay crew that took our pic

chuckyt1
22nd Jun 2011, 19:25
On May 25th, westbound across the Pacific, a Cathay 400 took our picture, (UAL 777). If it was you, shoot me a note...

Thanks

Bye Bye Baby
23rd Jun 2011, 04:06
Can't have been CX we're not allowed to take any image, still or moving from inside the cockpit. Something about people in high places and aeroplanes in low places........:=

jonathon68
28th Jun 2011, 14:13
It is best to chat on VHF and exchange an email address at the time, with dealing with CX flights.

Sadly CX Management have some major issues over photos taken from the flight deck.

Many years ago (way, way pre 911) some Hong Kong Star-lett was on the flight deck going to Japan. A photo was taken, with a contrail in the background.. leading to front page headlines "Beautiful, almost naked star in death defying close miss to jet smash murder death mayhem" headlines.

If you know the flight number and date in question, PM me and I could try to pass on your email contact, if I know anyone concerned.

geh065
29th Jun 2011, 00:38
It does not help when Chief pilots ask for photo evidence of equipment acting strangely or simply interesting sights from the flightdeck, or Crews News activing asking and encouraging photos to be submitted to them!

chuckyt1
29th Jun 2011, 02:18
Had no idea of the strict "No photo" policy. I must have been mistaken about which carrier it was ;)

We did chat on VHF and I gave them my email. Sadly, I no how often things end up in in never, never land.

I wish I had their flight number but I don't. Too bad, It was a beautiful day for pictures. We had just commented on what a great picture it would be of the other airplane when they called us.

Thanks to all for your help.

chuckyt1

Steve the Pirate
29th Jun 2011, 04:07
....of an FO going on about how she enjoyed taking photos at sunset/rise over the arctic from the flight deck?

Big balls.

In these days of gender equality, the above assessment of the photographer's behaviour is entirely apposite.

STP

FOCX
30th Jun 2011, 05:21
Steve, I don't agree with you, I think the photographer's behaviour was quite apt!

Steve the Pirate
30th Jun 2011, 05:41
@FOCX

I was describing the assessment of the FO's behaviour, not the behaviour itself.

Although not necessarily germane to the discussion, apposite and apt are, of course, synonymous but my typing is so bad that I hit the "p" twice and it was easier for me to continue with "apposite" than find the delete key. Not only that, why use only 3 letters when 8 will do the same job? :)

STP

FOCX
30th Jun 2011, 13:28
STP, I was being a smart arse for you using big words for a pilot! I'm a bit disappointed though, as I thought you'd twig to the fact I used a thesaurus and would "out" me for having done so! :E

FOCX
30th Jun 2011, 13:31
STP,

By the way, what do the Germans have to do with this, I thought we didn't talk about the war anymore? Are they relevant to the thread?

Steve the Pirate
30th Jun 2011, 14:07
@FOCX

I realised we were having a bit of joust, hence the smiley.

With reference to my original observation, perhaps the only proper use of "germane" would be the homophone "Germaine" as in Germaine Greer, the well-known feminist!

STP

FOCX
1st Jul 2011, 09:42
STP,

What ARE you smoking? How is GG a homosexual phone, or did you mean Anglophone, or could you be confusing her with someone of French descent?

I'm new at this, and I know that you knew this!:\

I've also decided to take up English lessons in my spare time.:eek:

Steve the Pirate
1st Jul 2011, 10:31
I'm new at this, and I know that you knew this!Hah, very good examples of homophones! You're a fast learner, fast of course being a homonym as opposed to a homophone. In one sense it can mean quick, as in this instance, but it can also mean to starve oneself - and they say English is a difficult language!

One could hardly describe GG as an anglophone - I believe she hails (another homonym of course) from Melbourne... ;)

STP

FOCX
1st Jul 2011, 13:01
Ok, ok, I surrender!!