PDA

View Full Version : The Future QF CEO?

flyhigh744
22nd Jun 2011, 13:05
So we had just touched down in Heathrow and was on our way towards immigration when a young fellow (just out of high school) approached us. I found the subsequent conversation amusing, but at the same time, I do hope it works out for him:

Him: Hey..err sirs?

Us: Hey, what can I do for you?

Him: I wanted to be a pilot for Qantas too but after knowing about all the stuff that goes on and what not, I want to now be the future CEO of Qantas. I reckon I could do better than AJ..

He then proceeds to go on about how he had a PPL and some of the changes he would implement at Qantas and to be quite honest, I was impressed :}
So then at the end, he finishes off by telling us asking us that he was studying engineering and commerce at sydney uni, and then asking what the best way of becoming CEO would be...

We gave a few quick suggestions till his mother told him to stop annoying us because we 'had very busy schedules' :E

I guess it works two ways - in one way its a shame that qf management are undercutting t&cs to a point where students aren't wishing to pursue it, but at the same time, I'd say not pursuing a career as a pilot was the wiser decision. He seemed pretty intent on wanting to maintain the qf legacy..hopefully we get one before everything goes tits up
:{

Mr. Hat
22nd Jun 2011, 22:57
These days you gauge intellect based on people not choosing to be a pilot.

Future of AJ? Multiple body guards bullet proof vests?

Howard Hughes
22nd Jun 2011, 23:29
I'm assuming this kid got on in Singapore...;)

Andy_RR
23rd Jun 2011, 01:38
I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to massage a QF captain's ego in LHR, especially by saying that AJ is doing a **** job.

Did you ask him if he'd been studying the annual reports?

Jack Ranga
23rd Jun 2011, 02:36
Lets start with an Australian, a real one.

1a sound asleep
23rd Jun 2011, 02:46
AJ has got go, along with some of the cronies on the board. Half the board have no airline experience.

BUT we need a decent replacement, An Australian and somebody who knows how to respect not only employees but shareholders and customers. AJ belongs in Ryanair as he has Michael O'leary stamped all over him.

I think every Australian hates that AJ is not an Australian and even worse that he is Irish. I am sure his presence alone at QF degrades the brand immensely

Howard Hughes
23rd Jun 2011, 03:04
I think every Australian hates that AJ is not an Australian and even worse that he is Irish.
Even worse, in his press club address yesterday he admitted to being a Melbournian!;)

Ero-plano
23rd Jun 2011, 11:31
So we had just touched down in Heathrow and was on our way towards immigration

You obviously don't work at Qantas shags.

Shazz-zaam
23rd Jun 2011, 12:25
Has the procedure changed? It use to be when we arrived at Heathrow you went down the stairs to the tarmac and took the crew bus to a separate crew customs and immigration building. Then the CSM would hand over the paperwork that the crew would have filled in on the sector up to London. The bus would then continue onto the hotel.
There was no opportunity to talk to passengers as we were totally isolated from them.
This lacks credibility, or am I missing something here?

Ero-plano
23rd Jun 2011, 22:46
Shazza,

Your spot on, someone's talking the porkies here.