PDA

View Full Version : Boeing's Own 737 BBJ in Cork on Saturday en route to Paris Air Show

radar0976
20th Jun 2011, 21:50
Caught this unusual visitor to Cork on Saturday. She's Boeing's own demo model for their 737 Business jet and was flying on from Cork directly to the Paris Air Show.
OrH39xmKoIU

Newforest2
21st Jun 2011, 07:08
Unusual stopover for a transatlantic flight isn't it?

EI787fan
21st Jun 2011, 18:10
Unusual yes,welcome very,great airport for a fast refuel and short taxi to the runway,someone said it was only there for 40 minutes,nice to see Boeing know Cork is and were able to use the airport.Looked a great aircraft thanks for sharing the video.

SpringHeeledJack
21st Jun 2011, 19:00
I might be wrong, but i seem to remember during the certification process of the 757-300, Boeing deliberately chose Cork in the winter to test the ability of the aircraft in crosswinds/foggy conditions for a few days. I suppose that for the BBJ the choosing of Cork was as mentioned, ease of use and that it being so southerly, there would be few restrictions straight in off the Atlantic and then out sidestepping most of the southern UK airspace and over to Paris.

SHJ

radar0976
21st Jun 2011, 22:29
I don't know the exact reason for choosing Cork. However I believe that it is not the first time they have used Cork as a stopover for the Paris Air Show. It was really great to see her here in Cork.