PDA

View Full Version : Whats with Strategic and who owns it.

teresa green
20th Jun 2011, 07:23
Pax stranded in Thailand, Bali and nobody knows whats happening. All over the news.:confused:

629bus
20th Jun 2011, 07:28
that does not sound good, good at all!

TBM-Legend
20th Jun 2011, 07:55
why do people expect the government to rescue them. The nanny state is alive and well...
Trapped on Phuket - Strategic Passengers Plead for Australian Government Intervention - Phuket Wan (http://phuketwan.com/tourism/trapped-phuket-strategic-passengers-plead-government-intervention-14282/)

3 Holer
20th Jun 2011, 09:08
why do people expect the government to rescue them.

They always do! Thailand, Greece, Egypt................!

No one takes any responsibilty for their actions these days. You take a real cheap flight to Bali and the aircraft breaks down and your stuck for more than 24 hours, you want the Government to fly you back in a C130........gimme a break:mad:

1a sound asleep
20th Jun 2011, 09:15
Buy cheap what do you expect.... They should just pay for themselves to get on another airline

breakfastburrito
20th Jun 2011, 09:30
Airplane

Hugh Jarse
20th Jun 2011, 09:54
God....

Who Cares!!!!!:ugh::yuk:

Is this what D&G's come to?

Like 1A wrote.................

gobbledock
20th Jun 2011, 10:07
Who in their right mind would complain anyway. Nothing wrong with an extra night or two in Thailand my friends, bonus time in a rubsy joint !!

topend3
20th Jun 2011, 10:07
thats funny as f!@k demanding an answer from the government what tools...fly a real airline with more than one plane next time...

Qantas 787
20th Jun 2011, 10:23
Burrito got it in one :D

Seriously, these people need to wake up. You fly an airline with one aircraft. The last time I checked, they are not the only ones flying to Phuket - in fact there are plenty of options. If you are flying to somewhere like Norfolk Island, which has only one aircraft and is the only airline flying, you have a reason to be annoyed.

Perspective people!

TBM-Legend
20th Jun 2011, 10:41
tonight's news says 700 of the great unwashed are "stranded"....:{

No comms from the "airline" which of course might be a misnomer!

I guess they could call 1800-peoplesmuggler and organise a boat charter to Xmas Island, a few weeks on the government dinner and accommodation vouchers and compensation for wrongful detention...:}

gobbledock
20th Jun 2011, 11:01
I guess they could call 1800-peoplesmuggler and organise a boat charter to Xmas Island, a few weeks on the government dinner and accommodation vouchers and compensation for wrongful detention...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif
What a great idea. And our government could throw an extra couple of hundred million they don't have into the money tin to pay for the stranded passengers education, business grants, fine china and silver tea pots and limousine services. Standard response from the inept limp wristed spineless government we have.Whoops, back to Strategic......

teresa green
20th Jun 2011, 11:06
Nobody has answered my question. Who owns it?

Ndicho Moja
20th Jun 2011, 11:11
As one person put it earlier, "Travel insurance looks mighty cheap about now".

Jethro Gibbs
20th Jun 2011, 11:11
Who cares its about to go bust for sure.

Jethro Gibbs
20th Jun 2011, 11:18
This may tell who owns it but its all very suspect :ugh:Strategic Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Airlines)

another superlame
20th Jun 2011, 11:18
The saying if you can't afford travel insurance then you can't afford to travel,rings out in my mind.
It would have been $100 well spent.

witwiw
20th Jun 2011, 11:23
Norfolk Island, which has only one aircraft and is the only airline flying

Wrong, QF787. Two airlines - (i) Air New Zealand and (ii) Our Airline under contract to Norfolk Air. Neither has only one aircraft ...............

Like you said, perspective. Best you get some.

TBM-Legend
20th Jun 2011, 12:53
Here is a quote from Phuket newspaper re SA customer service and website statements::::ouch:

Absolute rubbish my partner, son and eldery inlaws are all stranded in Phuket since thursday Strategic have made no effort to contact them or any passengers. Haven't even bothered to send a representative out and all their dirty work is done thru the poor hotel staff. nNot only that they drag everyone from the hotel to the airport getting everyone's hopes up several times just to make them wait 5 hours and then are told plane is delayed and after a few more hours of waiting canceled.nAppalled how Strategic have handled the whole situation and I'll be making sure I never recommend anyone fly Strategic

Robert, Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:45 am

pbwhi0
20th Jun 2011, 22:24
Well, the passengers stranded in Bali (my wife & I included) were managed extremely well by SA. Put up in 5 star accomodation for two nights with all meals provided and kept informed the whole time by hotel staff and SMS from company.

Whilst it was annoying that we didn't come home as planned we received another two nights in Bali for free and with resort meals provided. All organised by SA without us having to do a thing.

The only negative was another two nights of Bali shopping!

My parents on a trip to the US last year had a flight cancelled for no reason and no compensation from the US carrier...not even help finding emergency accomodation for the tour group.

Crew rest.
20th Jun 2011, 22:57
Naughty pbwhi! You know that Strategic staff arren't allowed to post on pprune :p

pbwhi0
21st Jun 2011, 03:14
No I didn't.

But you may care to check out my reply to other like minded negative people such as yourself...

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/449842-strategic-airlines-weird-what-5.html

Regards, Paul

TBM-Legend
21st Jun 2011, 04:01
PHUKET: Passengers grounded by ongoing delays and cancellations by Strategic Airlines are upbeat despite little information from the airline.

Following a forced landing in Kuala Lumpur last week, the airline canceled their immediate Brisbane-Phuket services and today delayed their Melbourne-Phuket flights.

“About 300 [passengers] all up. They did fly one lot of people out to Melbourne, people with children or medical emergencies,” Steve Smith, 48, from Brisbane said.

Passengers who were meant to leave for Brisbane last week were taken to Phuket City Hotel on Friday.

They were taken to the airport again on Saturday but after over eight hours of waiting, they were brought to the Naithonburi Resort [at Nai Thon Beach, near the airport], he added.

With no contact from the airline other than printed notices, some of the stranded have taken it upon themselves to organize a group and find information.

“We were due to depart Phuket to Brisbane on Friday evening [June 17] and the plane was delayed,” Chris O’Shea, 43, from Brisbane, explained to the Phuket Gazette.

“There was a technical problem with the plane. We might get another [flight] with Thai Airways, hopefully,” he said.

After the Brisbane-Phuket flights were called off, passengers booked to depart Brisbane on those and following flights were offered a full refund or the chance to rebook the canceled flight from Brisbane.

“[At first] Our group decided to get a bit upset and demand some information,” Mr O’Shea said.

“Since then we have been contacting the airline and they have been great enough to give us the information about what’s happening and possibly when the plane might be fixed.

“Perhaps we can get onto another flight with another airline,” he added.

He also praised fellow passenger Maria, who was responsible for contacting the airline and keeping her compatriots informed.

“If it wasn’t for her, there might be a lot more upset people. She is looking after everybody.

“I think Strategic should give her a free flight anywhere around the world cause she’s done an amazing job for that airline when they didn’t really step up to the occasion,” Mr O’Shea said.

Maria, who modestly refrained from revealing her family name, did not have much time to comment but explained that she wanted to help because she has airline experience.

“Yesterday we sent 60 people back to Melbourne and I got some messages from them saying thank you very much.

“And today we are going to send 140 Brisbane people and maybe all the Melbourne people. The Brisbane [people] are definitely going,” she told the Gazette.

“Thai Airways flights are arranged by Strategic. They are getting people home,” she added.

Thanks to Maria’s efforts, passengers were more relaxed, forming good relationships with one another and the transportation and accommodation was a positive thing, Mr O’Shea said.

His sentiments were shared by others in the group as well, seeing that a few extra days in Phuket would not change much and that the situation was greatly helped by the lodging provided to them.

“It’s just another experience in life. Nothing to worry about, we’re here, good bed, good food, sooner or later everything will come right,” Frank Evans, 80, from Melbourne, said.

However, Mr Smith did highlight the frustrations as a recurring issue with Strategic Airlines.

“I have traveled by myself but I flew with Strategic Airlines to Phuket three months ago and the same thing happened.

“The first time, we contacted the airline because we never received an apology. We wanted someone to explain it [the circumstances] to us and see if we could trust them enough to fly with them again

“We never heard anything back from the company,” he said.

TBM-Legend
21st Jun 2011, 21:39
so has the big Bus got back on the road again?

Specnut727
21st Jun 2011, 23:32
Does anyone have info on the breakdown. A little unusual for it to be out of action for so long, but I suppose SSA has seen a lot of hours / cycles.
Thanks.

DitchSwitch
22nd Jun 2011, 05:53
TBM, I believe SSA arrived back in OZ yesterday. :}

TBM-Legend
22nd Jun 2011, 06:22
one of a type or small fleets = big problems with a disrupt.

alangirvan
22nd Jun 2011, 07:33
This episode has not been a good look for Strategic. When the 777 broke down at Melbourne, were V Australia any better than this? As I remember from the threads, the Handling Agents at MEL could not find anyone at V Australia to do anything about it. And that situation was in Australia, not at an overseas port.

Overseas port - how did V Australia go when their 777 had bad luck at LAX? It took days for them to sort out the backlog of passengers.

You could even wonder about the Qantas passengers stuck in LAX when the A380s were grounded.

down3gr33ns
28th Jun 2011, 07:34
Word has it that the pilots are not happy with the changed salary payment arrangements.

Can anyone elaborate?

B772
28th Jun 2011, 11:53
alangirvan.

I understand VA chartered a NZ B744 to replace the B777 that had a problem in LAX.

alangirvan
29th Jun 2011, 02:17
that was the second time