PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair & the Chinese

wayupthere
18th Jun 2011, 14:21
PARIS: Comac to work together with Ryanair on C919 design (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/06/18/358201/paris-comac-to-work-together-with-ryanair-on-c919-design.html)

I hope they don't expect me to pay for that type rating

OFSO
18th Jun 2011, 15:21
MoL has been complaining lately about Boeing's dithering re either a 738 replacement or an upgrade.

According to today's FT Boeing 'may' make a decision by the end of this year. Yup, that's dithering.

Microburst2002
18th Jun 2011, 16:39
Mol just wants to scare Boeing and Airbus, I deem, but who knows... And the russians are there, too, let alone the brazilians.

Airbus success over Boeing (by this I don't mean that Airbus is 'the winner' or better than Boeing) was due to the 'commonality'.

The 320 was the best salesman. If you sold 320s to an airline you had the most difficult part of selling 340s or 330s to the same company done.

Then, for 'the future', Airbus has been swifter than Boeing, who inexplicably is lagging. They launched the 380. the 350 is near, and they have come up with the most dangerous weapon: 320 neo. The latter will do the same role as the 'clasic' 320, the salesman. And to worsen matters, Boeing has been caught with the pants down and now they have to choose between two evils: either bet for a totally new single aisle, which means leaving the 320 neo in a position to take a hugh portion of the market, or bet for a '737 neo', which means that it cannot be as neo as the airbus neo.

Why didn't Boeing followed airbus with that commonality thing?

In the future, I don't know which airplane will be better, 787 or 350, but I think the 350 will sell far more.

zondaracer
18th Jun 2011, 17:17
Microburst, don't forget the Canadians are there too :)

fireflybob
18th Jun 2011, 18:02
Microburst, don't forget the Canadians are there too

Sad state of affairs that the British are not! (ok I know we build the wings for the Airbus!) - remember the Vickers VC10?

Nicholas49
18th Jun 2011, 19:54
The article about competition between Boeing and Airbus (page 15 of this weekend's FT main section, as mentioned above by OFSO), is interesting and I think would interest those who use this site.