PDA

View Full Version : IR Renewal North of England (preferably North West)

EK4457
17th Jun 2011, 15:39
I'm looking for cheap and friendly. Must be in an aircraft as opposed to simulator. I've not flown for quite some time. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Gyro Drift
18th Jun 2011, 14:51
I'm not sure of specific schools but maybe try a search at Liverpool airport. Perhaps Ravenair who are based there or JD Aviation? I've no experience of either i'm afraid but they're just some names that spring to mind.

Cheers.

BA123
18th Jun 2011, 16:24
Ravenair have Seneca's and Aztec's which are both good for IR renewals. Maybe look for a company that have the type of airraft you trained in to make life a little simpler and cheaper :ok:

mikehammer
18th Jun 2011, 19:46
Renewed my IR in a Beech Duchess at Leeds multiflight last October. I hadn't flown, except for VFR aerial work, for six months prior to that. All done in an hour and a half of flying, not my finest performance but enough for a pass. I was very rusty and took a while to feel at home in a MEP aircraft again. I should really have gone into the sim for a practice first, but just decided to risk jumping in, which fortunately paid off, could easily have gone the other way!

Painless, about £500 for the hire of the aircraft and £120 to the on site examiner. Enjoyed it. Andy Todd is the instructor/examiner, an approachable decent chap, go and see him. Solid honest professional service, would go back.