PDA

View Full Version : Damage to Plane long delay then aborted landing

budmak
17th Jun 2011, 05:16
Eithad Boing 777 from Bangkok to Abu Dabi - Manchester on the 14th we had a very hard landing then onward flight to Manchester delayed for 14 hrs tecnical problems with plane was told flown route many times but seemed to be different route this time seemed to fly over London then stright up the UK according to in flight map on arrival in to Manchester plane did a go around very low down ie flaps out wheels down not very high off runway according to front camera view my driver said he saw and heard as he was approching the airport any clues as to what was wrong with plane etc?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
17th Jun 2011, 06:58
You can't determine precises routeings in advance. Once in busy airspace like mainland Europe and the UK, all aircraft are under radar control so the route could have been changed for traffic reasons.

I don't know about the go-around. If there had been tech problems the pilot might have asked ATC to check that the gear looked OK...

All in all there might have been nothing wrong with the aeroplane but best to be safe.

jubilee
17th Jun 2011, 08:23
On another forum it says,and I quote: Deviation to the right of the ILS due to weather, A/c went round.
J

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
17th Jun 2011, 09:04
Bad weather could well have resulted in the route change mentioned.