PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe page numbers are off

Airborne Aircrew
16th Jun 2011, 10:00
Is anyone else seeing this phenomenon? It seems to have begun a couple of weeks ago. For example, the Friday Jokes thread this morning had me starting with the last unread on page 148. At the bottom of the page it claims there further content on page 149 but when I click either the 149 or the ">" or specify page 149 in the "Goto Page" box it returns me to the top of page 148...

Don't tell me... It's just me isn't it? :{

TWT
16th Jun 2011, 10:30
No,it isn't only you.Also still getting the 'Database Error' problem that's been an issue for ages.Just have to live with it,it is a free service after all.

mixture
16th Jun 2011, 11:20
No, it not just you. It's a bug, they know about it and it's somewhere in the fix pipeline amongst the millions of other things wrong with this place, such as the wonderful "database errors" TWT referrs to !

WillDAQ
16th Jun 2011, 11:39
It's a vBullitin problem which occurs after a while. There's a way of re-indexing all the threads to fix the problem but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Saab Dastard
16th Jun 2011, 11:56
Confirm - it's a known bug that affects random (long) threads.

PITA, just have to live with it.

A work-around seems to be to use the User CP to alter the number of posts / page - this has worked for me on a few threads.

SD

Airborne Aircrew
16th Jun 2011, 20:09
Glad to know I'm still sane...

Ok, maybe that's pushing it a bit... :}