PDA

View Full Version : Anti-terrorist training

DeRodeKat
16th Jun 2011, 06:47
Question to pilots and cabin crews. Have you ever had special trainings regarding handling a situation of an aircraft capture by terrorists? Were those just some sort of instructions in a class room or "action" trainings in an aircraft where everybody plays his/her own role?

CornishFlyer
16th Jun 2011, 11:44
The airlines I have worked at have done terrorist scenarios where we act as passengers with a select few as operating crew to see how we would all react and they are really rather eye-opening. They are realistic with loud banging sounds, smoke and no lighting which can be a tad unnerving. Afterwards, a class room based session is given as to how to correctly deal with such a scenario but I won't go into detail ;):ok:

Betty girl
16th Jun 2011, 12:10
Yes, all UK airlines talk about this during training and scenarios are acted out; and then each year during the recurrent training it is refreshed and I expect other countries do the same.

Recurrent training usually has a theme each year and as well as discussing this subject each year, some years scenarios are played out on aircraft mock ups specifically about terrorists and hijacking involving both cabin crew and pilots together.