PDA

View Full Version : Civilian access to Military airports announced

Mr. Hat
16th Jun 2011, 01:33
Watching Skynews live where Steven Smith has just announced amongst many other things (new helicopters, civilian access to Garden Island), civilian access to military airports. I'm often quick to criticize the government but in this instance have to say it's a good announcement for our industy. Discuss.

Sunfish
16th Jun 2011, 01:38
.....Point Cook????

Please God!

EW73
16th Jun 2011, 03:17
Is that Garden Island/Sydney, or Garden Island/Perth.

The Perth (or should I say HMAS Stirling, off Rockingham, just south of Fremantle) Garden Island was a really good place to holiday before the navy took it over, would be great to be able to visit there, the north end of the island anyway, for day trips again!

Cheers
EW73 :)

gobbledock
16th Jun 2011, 09:28
Watching Skynews live where Steven Smith has just announced amongst many other things (new helicopters, civilian access to Garden Island), civilian access to military airports. I'm often quick to criticize the government but in this instance have to say it's a good announcement for our industy. Discuss.

Sounds to me like Julia and Co are really bleeding money, that is why they will allow civilian access to military airports, there will be a dollar value attached. Idiots.