PDA

View Full Version : Does BA upgrade OAL staff?

BumBrownin
14th Jun 2011, 20:54
My crew and i are being positioned to the middle east to work a couple of flights.Our company purchased us tickets in World Traveler @ $2000 each:ugh:, do you think its possible the purser/lead would find it in their hearts to upgrade us?
P.s-We always travel in biz attire.:ok:

DutchStar
14th Jun 2011, 21:51
BumBrownin, sorry to say it is very unlikely you will be upgraded by the cabin services director! The captain is the only person who has the authority to allow upgrades onboard. These days upgrades are done at the gate/customer services supvsr for commercial reasons only... BA staff have the option of buying business class rebate tickets and will travel in the J cabin, if space available - so, even BA own staff travelling on economy class ID tickets wouldnt be upgraded onboard!

Yellow Pen
14th Jun 2011, 21:51
Given the cabin crews efforts to deny anybody an upgrade during the recent dispute I'd say your chances are pretty slim. It's a very touchy subject.

Betty girl
14th Jun 2011, 22:59
It is nothing to do with the IA, it has never been allowed for cabin crew to upgrade for non-commercial reasons. If you were going to put your job on the line, it is unlikely you would risk it for people you did not know. I am sure there will also be lots of BA staff in World Traveller too.

We would love to have the power to upgrade your crew but it is very unlikely and would more likely be done by the ground staff at check-in if there was a commercial reason for doing so. To be honest it is unlikely there would even be space in Club anyway!

Do tell the crew that you are all crew too because I am sure they will make you very welcome, even if you do end up travelling in World Traveler

BumBrownin
15th Jun 2011, 00:02
It is nothing to do with the IA, it has never been allowed for cabin crew to upgrade for non-commercial reasons. If you were going to put your job on the line, it is unlikely you would risk it for people you did not know. I am sure there will also be lots of BA staff in World Traveller too.

We would love to have the power to upgrade your crew but it is very unlikely and would more likely be done by the ground staff at check-in if there was a commercial reason for doing so. To be honest it is unlikely there would even be space in Club anyway!

Do tell the crew that you are all crew too because I am sure they will make you very welcome, even if you do end up travelling in World Traveler

Thanks for all the info, we def will introduce ourselves, at least the drinks will be free!:}

umberto65
15th Jun 2011, 07:30
well... I regularly travel with AZ ID tkts from LHR to FCO (and vice versa)and I have been given biz class upgrades very often (I would say 30-40% of the time). I hardly ever get the same courtesy from AZ (it has probably happened 2 or 3 times in more than 20 years!)

I have to say that BA are probably one of the best airlines when it comes to facilitating staff travel.

More difficult for revenue paying pax... but this is valid across all airlines nowadays.

TightSlot
15th Jun 2011, 08:15
Oh those nasty revenue paying customers - don't they just get in the way all the time and clutter up the biz cabins.

Since you apparently lack the wit or sensitivity to appreciate why this thread is inappropriate, we'll put an end to it now.