PDA

View Full Version : Jet to Disney Paris?

Pace
14th Jun 2011, 16:21
I am taking a Citation to Paris so that it's owner and others can visit Disney World.
Obvious choice was Toussus le noble but the pax numbers and weight has increased and wonder if their are other longer runway airports which have a quick connection to Disney world ?

Thanks

Pace

2Donkeys
14th Jun 2011, 16:33
Pontoise or Le Bourget would be your best bet.

Pace
14th Jun 2011, 16:59
Been to Pontoise and Le Bourget but not sure what sort of connections there are to Disney from them as they are a fair way away ?
I suppose Le Bourget must be the next best bet to Toussus?

Pace

2Donkeys
14th Jun 2011, 17:01
For the length of runway you are after, your choices are very restricted. Le Bourget is better connected than Pontoise, but neither are particularly "convenient" for Disney.

BigNumber
14th Jun 2011, 19:11
Pontoise has poor ground transport links sadly; unless you are armed with a nice heli.

I believe Le Bourget is possibly the best connection option for Disney.

Hope this helps.

BN

WTON
14th Jun 2011, 20:17
I suggest you to land at LFPK, Coulommiers, but check for Jet A1 availability.

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/VAC/AD/2/1107_AD-2.LFPK.pdf (http://www.pprune.org/Here)

Pace
15th Jun 2011, 01:02
Went into Toussus last about 5 years ago in a citation. Believe its 1050 metres which is ok if the jets light and its cool. A nice wind helps too.
Hot,heavy and still and ???

Will have to look at how much fuel I need to carry as I have a full load of Pax and luggage.

This Slowtation has no reversers but does have the Branson grosse weight mod.

Cannot remember if the 1050 metres is the lot or whether theres a bit of useable either end on top of the 1050 metres?

Pace

WTON
15th Jun 2011, 06:07
Hello, you have LFPK, Coulommiers, Rnwy length about 1400m, but no jet A1.
Hard surface, close to Disney,VFR,
Rgds

HyFlyer
28th Jun 2011, 13:46
LFPK is possible, but 'in theory' you need a French speaking crew member aboard.

It has no fire services, no Jet A1....(and currently no fuel at all, or any type....)

PM if you think of using this airport. It is extremely convenient for Disney. I have some more detailed local knowledge

You can see this if you use Google Earth and look at the hangars on the field. There is a yellow hangar and on the roof is a big Mickey Mouse head painted in black. Guess which company had that put there?:cool:

Pace
28th Jun 2011, 20:22
Thanks for all your help! with 28 c forecast and a full aircraft opted for Pontoise in the end.The 7 Pax hired a people Carrier so all worked out ok.

Pace