PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Pilot Jobs?

Bubblecopter85
14th Jun 2011, 10:56
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any Helicopter operators looking for pilots?
I've got 360 hours, 60 on turbines and have FAA and JAA flight instructor qualifications.

Just got back from working abroad and it seems the UK is very quiet. Does anyone have any handy hints on where to look?

Cheers :ok:

OvertHawk
14th Jun 2011, 13:19
Brace yourself for some unhelpful quips from the less charitable!

Not much going in UK for someone with those hours at the moment. Instruction would be my only suggestion and that's pretty thin on the ground just now.

You'll have to get on the phone and get on your bike!

Best of luck
OH

Bubblecopter85
14th Jun 2011, 13:59
Aye, much as I thought!

I have a little bit of part-time instructing coming in but not enough to live on. Spent the last few weeks sending CV's and driving around like a mad man but no cigar just yet.

Thanks allot though. Appreciate your thoughts.

Art of flight
14th Jun 2011, 14:14
Do you have a plan B? It's bad and getting worse here. The police are slowly getting rid of bases so you've got 5,000 hour+ pilots out of work and looking for anything in the corporate/charter sector. Best bet is to get that instructor rating working before some of those guys get desperate and throw their redundancy payments at that sector.

Good luck.

OEI-Dave
14th Jun 2011, 16:08
Do you have a mechanics cert? I got my A&P before going to flight school so if the pilot work was short I could still stand a decent chance at finding a decent paying job in the industry.

I hope ou find something soon! Good luck

Gordy
14th Jun 2011, 17:07
Become an investment banker....

http://www.chickenwingscomics.com/comics/2011-06-14-cw2L0054.jpg

EN48
14th Jun 2011, 18:17
Become an investment banker....

Good advice! If you are successful you can own a fleet of aircraft and then some, and fly what you want when you want!

Bubblecopter85
14th Jun 2011, 19:22
Sadly no mechanics certificate so thats that one down the pan.

Looks like Investment banker it is then!

First stop saville row for a sharp suit, then into surgery to get some form of phallus grafted to my head! Then I'm going to recommend all my clients invest in a nice little company called 'Enron', which I heard is on the up!

Thanks for the cartoon btw, said it all really.:O