PDA

View Full Version : Language requirement

Seymour Belvoir
13th Jun 2011, 22:36
I have an ATPL(H) with past military Support Helicopter and SAR experience and more recent civilian offshore experience. I am interested in relocating to Spain with my family but only have a very limited knowledge of the Spanish language.

Do you need to be fluent in Spanish to gain employment in Spanish aviation or are they willing to employ English speaking pilots with basic Spanish as a back up?

We are keen to learn Spanish in order to integrate into the local community we choose to live in but this will probably be fairly basic for the first few years.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Seymour Belvoir
14th Jun 2011, 14:57

Will do, thanks for your help.

SB

andrijander
18th Jun 2011, 13:57
Seymour,

tread carefully since Spain has a really bad record on Heli Ops Safety. 13 dead in 3 months do speak volumes on this one.

Helicpteros: trece muertos en tres meses (http://www.aviaciondigitalglobal.com/noticia.asp?NotId=16543&NotDesignId=4)

Also heard through the vineyard that the T&C's aren't that great (at least regarding flying hours/month). Do not mean to discourage you, but please do look what you're getting yourself into in order to take an informed decision!

All the best... y suerte!

Seymour Belvoir
19th Jun 2011, 19:33
Andrijander,

Thanks, my little pink body is quite important to me!

SB