PDA

View Full Version : EC120 Advanced Training

nellycopter
13th Jun 2011, 14:56
being a believer of you can never learn enough where flying helicopters are concerned, i am looking for some advanced training on the 120 now i have my type rating,
can anyone suggest anyone, with more than 15 hrs on type.......
as when i was looking to do my type rating there seemed to be pleanty of people (instructors) that had just enough hours to instruct on the machine......
i am now looking for someone with bags of experience - maybe a eurocopter test pilot or someone like that ???

nelly..

puntosaurus
13th Jun 2011, 17:05
Well why not drink directly from the fountain. Dick Ormshaw at Eurocopter in Oxford is a test pilot, so that should be enough experience for you.

He did a great demo for us (admittedly in the 130, but the 120 is allegedly the same) which shows that the machine's roll response to yaw input is the opposite in powered flight to that in autorotation. If you're very interested he'll tell you why.

Geoff Connolly at AV8 in Rochester is another test pilot qualified on the 120 whose opinion I would always seek. Actually he's a tester of test pilots which is pretty scary as well as being about as far up the ziggurat of flying as you can get !

nellycopter
13th Jun 2011, 17:46
anyone have contact details they could pm me for Geoff Connolly please ???

puntosaurus
13th Jun 2011, 17:56
PM sent.

idle stop
13th Jun 2011, 18:33
Geoff Connolly is a test pilot and is fairly experienced on the 120, but I never heard of him being a 'tester of test pilots'. Such a creature, if any, would reside in the higher echelons of a test pilot school! Geoff is a FE and TRE; perhaps that's where Punto's slight confusion arises?

parasite drag
13th Jun 2011, 19:00
Geoff's website... flighteXperimentations (http://www.flightexperimentations.co.uk/)

JTobias
13th Jun 2011, 19:59
Hi

In my opinion you wont get much better than John 'JJ' Jackson. JJ is well known in the heli community and is an ex-military instructor/examiner. He currently works at Shawbury training military pilots.

He's type rated on the EC120, Squirrel, Agusta 109, Bell 206 Jet Ranger and many others. In the last few years Ive done over 50 hours of 'advanced' training with him.

I'll PM you also.

Joel :ok:

ShyTorque
13th Jun 2011, 20:51
Geoff Connolly was a resident TP at Boscombe Down for some time.

JJ is an ex-student of mine from our RAF times and despite that he's turned out all right.

puntosaurus
13th Jun 2011, 21:00
HaHaHa. The 'tester of test pilots' comment came from a recent conversation. I understood he was getting involved in setting up a school for test pilots in Canada recently, but I may have got the wrong end of the stick.

md 600 driver
13th Jun 2011, 21:13
JJ can fly the gazelle too and the ""rotorway !! and he will proberbly fly to breighton to meet you

good guy

parasite drag
13th Jun 2011, 21:47
and the ""rotorway !!

steady...that's fighting talk :=

Geoff and JJ both FI and FE on type ....'if it's good enough for them'........

John R81
13th Jun 2011, 22:29
Try Ken Faria EBG

idle stop
15th Jun 2011, 12:18
Geoff is currently in Canada doing some contract work; back in July, I hear.
JJ highly recommended.