PDA

View Full Version : discontinuation of an e mail adress

learjet50
11th Jun 2011, 15:53
Gentlemen

I have at the moment 2 yahoo e mail adress one is for friends etc the other I give to junk mail sites etc

am now getting so many Junk on my second yahoo site I want to cancel it

I am totally useless with computors and have scored the yahoo mail page to try and find out how to cancel this adress any Ideas or do I have to inform yahoo

any help appreciated

Thanks in advance

Gerry

Mike-Bracknell
11th Jun 2011, 16:22
Just abandon it unless it's costing you money.

Ancient Observer
11th Jun 2011, 16:39
I agree with Mike - just stop going there. .............Although, the bt/yahoo e-mail service that I use has a remarkably accurate spam filter. I do not know whether or not vanilla yahoo has same. I'm not very pooter literate, but it was easy to set up the filter.

mixture
11th Jun 2011, 17:07
If they are like any other free email provider, you'll find that Yahoo will probably run automated processes every few months to purge accounts that have not been logged into for a few months.

Also, have you not discovered the disposable email address feature in Yahoo ? Saves you managing multiple logins if you just want email addresses to give away in places.

Alternatively, if you had tried to google "how to close yahoo account", you would have found this page (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/account/account-11.html).

learjet50
11th Jun 2011, 17:18
Thank you for the info I told u I was useless with a computer

Regards