PDA

View Full Version : Flying with disabled FADECS on a Citation CJ1+/CJ2+ possible?

Cecco
11th Jun 2011, 09:04
Hi,
Would it be possible to pull the FADEC CBs and then fly the CJ1+ or CJ+ with manual settings using the N1 setting table from the straight CJ1 or CJ?
Power loss of up to 10% is taken into consideration.

Cheers
Cecco

Steak&Kidney_Pie
11th Jun 2011, 11:54
Cecco,

I'm sure you wouldn't just "pull the CBs" as you put it! :ugh: If you have the ENG CTRL SYS L/R annunciator (which is FADEC fault) if the checklist procedure cannot reset it on the ground, then the aircraft CANNOT dispatch. In the air, there is a checklist with some limitations to get you back down again.

Please note there has been checklist revision for the "plus" series aircraft with a change to an On-Ground and an In-Flight set of procedures, instead of a simple checklist.

You need functioning FADECs to dispatch.

SKP

Rusty Trombone
11th Jun 2011, 21:33
One has to ask the question why would you want to dispatch with both FADECS inoperative and fly N1.
You have no protection what so ever.

You are asking for all the swiss cheese holes to line up? my advice if you have a FADEC problem FIX it before you attempt to go to glider school.:ugh:

suhoi27
11th Jun 2011, 21:56
..hmmm...strange coincidence..the very same question arised in my company...anyway-we like all holes to be precisely aligned:oh: