PDA

View Full Version : FAA IPC in the UK.

Greensman
11th Jun 2011, 00:02
Hi

Would anyone know if its possible to renew or have done an Instrument Proficiency Check ( IPC) in the UK to re validate my FAA ATPL? Its been more than 6 months now since I've flown IFR on my FAA license and would like to have it sorted out without having to travel to the US to have it done........Anyone knows if its possible here in the UK?

Cheers:ok:

zondaracer
11th Jun 2011, 08:58
Have you done six approaches in the past six months on your JAA license? The FARs don't say whether you have to do your approaches/hold/tracking airways in an N registered aircraft or not. So if you complete the IFR currency requirements even "on your JAA license" then you satisfy your FAA IFR currency. Check FAR 61.57

From what I understand, you still have another 6 months to get current before you need an IPC.

Otherwise, there are quite a few FAA instrument instructors in the UK. You don't have to complete your currency reqs on a N register aircraft, but the instructor must be appropriately rated.

Greensman
11th Jun 2011, 09:40
Hey thanks, came across a place, Ontrack Aviation in the Midlands so far. I'm based in Birmingham so somewhere within the midlands would be idea. Any other location i might be interested in? cheers guys!!