PDA

View Full Version : Wiese up? aircraft sold -still waiting for the money

jumbobelle
10th Jun 2011, 20:02
sold a Swiss registered aircraft through Plannungsburo Wiese, Zurich. Though we agreed an asking price on the advertising, Wiese has only paid us a fraction of this. We only found out it was sold because it had been re-registered in the EU.

Understand he has folded the Swiss company though is operating under the same name in Asia. Anyone had any dealings with them or got any information that can help us recover the money?

HS125
11th Jun 2011, 02:00
How on earth can this happen?

The ESCROW service means that the buyer does not get title to the aircraft until all the money is where it is supposed to be. It sounds as if one wasn't used here which is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 out of the 6 chambers filled!

Use the purchase agreement and evidence of the payments made to get a posessory lien on the aircraft until either:

a) The remaining funds plus costs are recovered
b) The aircraft is returned on the understanding that the amount paid will be refunded minus a sensible rate for the flying done, costs, and expenses of restoring it to whatever register etc.

There WAS a purchase agreement wasnt there?!?!?! :ouch:

If the aircraft is large enough to be covered by the Cape Town Convention register an interest in it through the convention double lively. When doing so hope that the new owner hasn't complied otherwise you could be in deep deep, deep cack if and when this ends up in court.

I'd also be giving Europol a call, if it was my aircraft as far as I was concerned it would have been stolen by deception.

Spunky Monkey
11th Jun 2011, 07:00
Find out where it is.
File a flight plan, pay the handling fees.
Fly it out, cancel flight plan, go VFR.
Hide it in a small French airfield with a hanger.
Send a few lads round from the French equivalent of Corby, to have a word!

This is a remarkable scenario, how on earth did this happen?