PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training

rk249
10th Jun 2011, 09:37
Hi there
Can anyone please give some information about hillsboro aviation based out of hillsboro, oregon. I cant seem to find much info about this flight school. I have mostly heard good things about it but all that stuff was quite a while back. I am looking to start my flight training in the coming months and I need a flight school that offers a f-1 visa. Can anyone give me any fresh information about this place or put me in touch with any current or recently graduated students.
Thanks

HrCookie
10th Jun 2011, 20:22
Hillsboro is a partner with Luftfartsskolen, the national center of aviation in Norway, so it should be fine, but an alternative to a school who provide f-1 visa is Phoenix East Aviation, where I myselfe are planing to start in 2 years :)

But this is just what i know, there may bee other alternatives :)

rk249
10th Jun 2011, 20:31
I have looked into them. Its a pretty expensive place and its not pay as go. Lots of people have mentioned the "fuel surcharge". I think you should do more research into it. Two years is a long time in aviation, good flight schools can close down or get worse, others can improve and get better. You should give it more time before you decide what school you want to attend. I am planning on starting in the next 6 months and I have changed my mind a whole bunch of times. Keep finding new stuff about places and keep scratching them off the list and adding new ones.

Good luck to you and thanks for the info.