PDA

View Full Version : Rules on seating children with parents

Browners
9th Jun 2011, 20:24
Does anyone know what the rules are for children to be seated with parents. The reason I ask is that I may well be flying easyjet soon and don't know whether to purchase speedy boarding to guarantee we all sit together. However if rules stipulate we must sit together then I don't need to pay the extra!

Thanks for any help.

Bealzebub
9th Jun 2011, 20:38
There aren't any!

There are rules concerning where young children cannot sit, but no regulatory stipulation that they have to be seated next to a parent.

I am not happy when young children are seated away from their parents, and I know that the cabin crew would do what they could to resolve a situation when that occurred.

However if I were you I would buy the boarding advantage or ensure you check-in early. Most airlines do have a pre-board facility for families with young children. I am not sure if that is the case here? No doubt somebody will be able to advise.

PAXboy
9th Jun 2011, 21:02
This thread from the forum FAQ may be of some help but each carrier does it there own way. Naturally, they all parrot about how much their treasure your little treasures ...
http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/354083-how-fly-kids.html

ezycrew
9th Jun 2011, 21:25
What age are your children ?
Depending on what age they are you can board before the main group (2) get called.

If a family does come on the crew onboard will try and get you seats together, some crew even block off a few rows for families depending on the route.

Gibon2
9th Jun 2011, 21:47
I've flown fairly often on easyJet with my young kids - I've found they're one of the more kid-friendly airlines. In my experience, they always board families with young children first (although maybe speedy boarders go ahead), so you will certainly be able to sit with your kids. I've never had any problem. And easyJet cabin crew are generally very active and energetic in getting everyone seated and settled quickly - if there is any problem, they'll sort it out.

Nick Riviera
10th Jun 2011, 13:24
On the flights I have taken with Easyjet they board the speedy boarders first and then families with young children next.