PDA

View Full Version : C208 A training

Cplane208
9th Jun 2011, 15:37
Hey guys,

I have been offered a job in Thailand to fly a C208[A] FO, I'm a Thailand citizen. I got my flight training in the US. [FAA CPL MEL SEL IR]

I wanna know is a Type Rating mandatory for flying a C208A?
Since its an amphibian plane is sea plane rating also an mandatory ?

Is there any place where I can get my training for C208[A] in the US or any country close to Thailand that offer the same !

Thx in Advance

jetsetsimon757
9th Jun 2011, 15:55
Hi I did mine through a compeny in South Africa Federal Air ..

Cplane208
9th Jun 2011, 18:26
@jetsetsimon757 Thanks:ok:
I googled it but was not successful ! Have you got their website or contact ?

Can you give some info on the course ? Number of hours, Duration?

Can I get trained in SA without a SA CPL ?

NO TXT SPEK!
HWB

jetsetsimon757
9th Jun 2011, 18:39
www.fedair.com (http://www.fedair.com)

it was 7 years ago but I am sure they would send you in the right direction. It was 5 hours in the aircraft and a OPEN wrighen exam. yea you can just do a conversion on you licence now .. best thing is give them a shout... I loved the plane it was like a 152 on steroids very easy to fly ..

kaptn
9th Jun 2011, 20:47
C208 does not require a type rating, but a training course....(Training course does not have a simulator hours, while rating does) ....

I think Pan AM Flight school offers that course...
Hope that helps

Genghis the Engineer
9th Jun 2011, 21:20
Hey guys,

I have been offered a job in Thailand to fly a C208[A] FO, I'm a Thailand citizen. I got my flight training in the US. [FAA CPL MEL SEL IR]

I wanna know is a Type Rating mandatory for flying a C208A?
Since its an amphibian plane is sea plane rating also an mandatory ?

Is there any place where I can get my training for C208[A] in the US or any country close to Thailand that offer the same !

Thx in Advance

Pretty much all of your questions are dependent upon the country of registration of the aeroplane - if it's N-registered, apply FAA rules, if it's HS-registered, apply Thai regulations. (Presumably, and I'm guessing, the Thai authorities require a local licence to fly a locally registered aeroplane.)

On a more practical note, who in their right mind would fly a floatplane without having had appropriate training and an appropriate rating skill test? Nor a complexish turboprop without appropriate type training, test or not.

G

SloppyJoe
10th Jun 2011, 04:13
Turbine Training Center for Cessna 208 and King Air 90/100/200 Series pilots, operators (http://www.turbine-training.com/)

Did mine there 7 years ago, was very good. Smaller than most places but had a full motion sim and excellent instructors. It is not a type rating though, more of a type specific course to satisfy insurance and teach you how to operate the 208.

Yes, you need a float rating to fly an amphibious plane :ugh::eek: